Editing Big Post - Not working

When i create a big thread and attempt to edit this thread it loads for about 4 seconds and nothing happends, when trying to edit small threads/posts it works perfectly, if i could have a fix for this it would be very much appriciated.

You are most likely hitting an error due to the script that converts BBCodes to the WYSIWYG editor timing out. If you disable the rich text editor, you should be able to edit the post.

You are most likely hitting an error due to the script that converts BBCodes to the WYSIWYG editor timing out. If you disable the rich text editor, you should be able to edit the post.

That worked, however it would be great if there was a possible fix for this so people could continue using rich editor when they use alot of BBCodes.

Code:
[CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080][IMG]http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g406/hrag626/oDDnBS9.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g406/hrag626/cooltext1254833324.png[/IMG]

We are are [COLOR=#80ff00]Neutral[/COLOR] Group[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#808080]If you cause us trouble, you will be considered an [COLOR=#ff0000]Enemy[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#808080]Step in our paths and we will cause mayhem
We feel no remorse, R.I.P
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[IMG]http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g406/hrag626/Mafia.jpg[/IMG]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]
Godfather[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080][B][FONT=Georgia]Dizaster626[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]Consigliere[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080][B][FONT=Georgia]Phelps[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]Underboss
Capo
Soldiers[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4]___________________________________________________[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[U][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ffffff][B][FONT=Georgia]Roles and Ranks[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ffffff][B][FONT=Georgia][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]Godfather / Consigliere[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]Give Requests / Votes / Commands / Communications / Alliances / Payments and ETC
These two ranks shall be Considered the "System"
Every order given shall be passed down to the Underboss in which enforces it upon everybody else.
Only the "System" decides on Big Operations / Mass Criminal Activities.
Only acceptations: When the Underboss requests a mission
The System receives 50% (25% Each) of all big operations[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]Underboss[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]The Underboss enforces the commands given from the System
The Underboss is in control of the Capos and Soldiers
You will be reliable for the Capos and Soldiers Actions
You must be with the group at all times
The Underboss Position will be changed every Month
Each new month, the System will nominate 3 different capos
Everybody will be able to vote 1 of the 3 people nominated for the next Underboss seat
The Underboss receives 25% of all big operations[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]Capos[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]You have been accepted into the group and now considered "Family"
You look up to from the Soldiers and take commands from the Underboss
You can give legitimate orders to soldiers but not command them
You must be active with the group, keep in touch with the underboss
You and the Underboss will be able to vote for Soldier Acceptances after their 3 weeks
Capos receive 20% of all big operations[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]Soldiers[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]"You are given a once in a lifetime opportunity"
you will be given a 3 week trial period
Within these 3 weeks, you must play your A game at all times
you must impress the higher ranks and EARN yourself into the group.
-You only Take commands
-You can NOT give orders
-You can not start problems with anybody
-You must respect and obey the ranking system
-You must be with the group OR 1 other Soldier at all times
If you fail the Recruitment, you will have to wait one whole month till you can apply again
You can only apply a total of (3) separate times in total
Soldiers will be voted  upon acceptance after 3 weeks by the Capos and the Underboss
Soldiers receive 20% of all big operations[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]Associates[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]Only the System and the Underboss can speak with Associates
If our assosiates need help defeating rival gangs and ETC, they will come to the System
If we do big [B]heist[/B] together, we split the profits 50/50 among the two groups
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[IMG]http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g406/hrag626/393b310f-065d-4804-b335-92ac133b1af1.jpg[/IMG]
[COLOR=#ffffff][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4]Beware: Your actions will count against you
You can earn yourself a place in the family, but easily be kicked out
Everything you do will be taken note of and recorded[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4]___________________________________________________[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]What We Are About[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]We don't stand to take orders from other players / gangs / rivals
We will be in charge of ourselves
If people stand in our way, we will crush them down
We don't cause trouble unless told so by the System
We make money as a group, nobody will tell us what to do
We will mind our own business as long as the System says otherwise
Anybody who does not follow the rules and ranking system will be kicked out[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]Wanted / Hit-list / Rats / Gangs[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]Those who steal, Rat, cause trouble, troll or anything in any way shape or form
will be hunted by us constantly
Again as stated, We will feel no remorse taking your life several times
Only the System can add the names to the list, nobody else[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]Payments[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]We are not here to give you money, we are here to earn it together
We do not pay you just for being in the group, if you put in the work, you will be paid for your work[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]Suggestions[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]We are a group, we do almost everything together
If you have questions, suggestions, or concerns you let the higher rank know privately
and have them contact the System
[U][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]Rules[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]
[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]1) You must Agree to everything stated on this thread
2) You must obey higher ranks
3) You must roleplay every situation
4) You must be active with the group ; Ingame and in teamspeak
5) You must join in Group activities
6) You must commit
7) You can not give commands unless you are in rank
8) Learn to Give rather then Take
9) Report to the System if you notice something wrong with the other ranks
(Only acceptation to go straight to the System without following the ranking system)
[SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia]Applications Rules[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]1) You must be at or above the age of 16
2) You must know how to roleplay
3) No spamming ; Follow directions ; Follow the rules[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[U][SIZE=3][COLOR=#404040][B][FONT=Georgia]Please fill out everything below and wait on acceptance[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]
[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]
Ingame / Forum Name:

Steam Name:

What roleplaying Experience do you have:

Write a short summary in your own words a description of the ranking system:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080]
[COLOR=#ff0000][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4]___________________________________________________[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#808080][/color][/COLOR][/size][COLOR=#808080][/color][/FONT][/B][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#808080][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#404040][B][FONT=Georgia]If you know of Dynasty Empire from somewhere else, Message Dizaster626 your Name and we will speak[B] [/B]about ranking if you decide to join us[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/color][/font][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#808080][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#808080][/color][/font][/color][/size][/font][/b][/color][/size][/font][/b]

I'm having the same issue. I don't like the idea of limiting formating due to xenforo restrictions, I didn't have it in my old forums system.

How do I increase the WYSIWYG editor timing?

You need to increase the PHP time out on your server.
Thank you for the fast response.

I already configure set the timeout to 120 seconds but it's failing in like 2 or 3 seconds...

If I enable Fast-CGI it gives an internal server error when editing that problematic topics and add the following log entry to error_log:
Code:
mod_fcgid: process /var/www/cgi-bin/cgi_wrapper/cgi_wrapper(3546) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11

If I disable Fast-CGI and set to Apache Module again than the post just don't save, no error is displayed and the save button becomes active again but the following entry is added to error_log:
Code:
child pid 3860 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
Also, firebug extension in firefox says that the connection was aborted...

This is happening on post save? This error is unrelated to your formatting and likely due to a PHP crash. Can you check your server logs for errors (other then the seg fault)?

Top Bottom