Edit signature permission - Origin?

fredrikse

Hi,

The "Edit signature" permission, does it come with xenForo or is it part of an add-on? I have it in my installation but I don't remember how it was when I did a clean install. What I'm interested in a part from being able to turn the "Edit signature" permission on and off, is to also be able to turn the visibility of the signature on and off. Anybody know if there is an add-on doing this?

The "Edit signature" permission, does it come with xenForo or is it part of an add-on?

Comes with.

What I'm interested in a part from being able to turn the "Edit signature" permission on and off, is to also be able to turn the visibility of the signature on and off. Anybody know if there is an add-on doing this?

That is a user preference:

http://xenforo.com/community/account/preferences

You can run this query to enable that option for all current users:

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option
SET content_show_signature = 1

You can set the default for new registrations in your:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> User Registration -> Default Registration Values

OK. But if I set the "edit signature" to NO the users will not be able to edit the signature and if the signatures are empty there will be no ones showing up the the forum posts, I guess.

OK. But if I set the "edit signature" to NO the users will not be able to edit the signature and if the signatures are empty there will be no ones showing up the the forum posts, I guess.

Correct.

If you set it to NO for brand new members they won't have a signature to start with and so won't be able to create one (due to this permission).

If you set it for people who already have a signature, you'd have to manually remove the signature yourself to "disable" their signature.

I use this usergroup permission along with the automated usergroup promotion so that new members cannot add a signature, but after 10 posts they are promoted to a usergroup that can add a signature. This is specifically aimed at human spammers and people who join just to push links out through their sigs.

Top Bottom