1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.1 Edit Resource Manager Tab

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by sgr, Jan 3, 2014.

1. sgr

sgr Active Member

Hi,

I use the Nodes As Tabs add-on, and create custom tabs with whatever nodes/links I want. The same way, can I edit the "Resources" Tab? I don't see it in nodes, and it has the default links in it.

Can I add more sub-tabs/links in it? If yes, how?

Thanks!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Edit the resources_tab_links template.

3. sgr

sgr Active Member

Thanks @Brogan. How do I add a sub-link which has 13 different options right now(It's a tab for Resource Categories which I want to get under the Resources tab) using this template? I'm new to XenForo templates. I'll find something about this in the manual?

4. sgr

sgr Active Member

What's the code for showing all resource categories in a navigation sub-tab?

5. Brogan

Where and how would you display them?
    There is limited width available.

6. sgr

sgr Active Member

I was thinking to make a sub-link under the existing Resource tab which when hovered onto, shows the resource categories. I wouldn't mind the width, but I could also think of a sidebar widget that would display the resource categories..

Either way, I want the categories to get some attention.

Any ideas?

7. Brogan

What's wrong with the current implementation in the sidebar?
    What would the difference be displaying them in a sidebar widget over how they're displayed now?

8. sgr

sgr Active Member

There's nothing wrong. I just want users to see the resource categories while they're not browsing the resource manager. If they're in the forum list or probably reading a thread, they will be able to see categories as a tab or as a widget. This is for outside the resource manager, to get the users to see the resources available on our forums.

Once a user clicks on resources, the resource manager is awesome the way it is! :)

9. Brogan

Oh, you mean on a page separate from the resources page...

In which case you may need to ask in the widget thread as I don't use that add-on so am unfamiliar with how to create templates for it.

10. sgr

sgr Active Member

Oh okay. Will do. Thanks! :)