Can't fix Edit Post - No access to VERY first character.

HydraulicJack

In 1.0.4, Using Firefox, and editing a post, when I place my cursor in line 1 column 1 - that is at the VERY beginning of the topmost paragraph, and press Enter to try to move the text down to insert another character, nothing happens.

I have to place cursor AFTER the very first character THEN press Enter, or insert a SPACE at line 1 col 1 and with cursor after that space, pressing enter DOES work.

In 1.0.4, Using Firefox, and editing a post, when I place my cursor in line 1 column 1 - that is at the VERY beginning of the topmost paragraph, and press Enter to try to move the text down to insert another character, nothing happens.

I have to place cursor AFTER the very first character THEN press Enter, or insert a SPACE at line 1 col 1 and with cursor after that space, pressing enter DOES work.

I can confirm this on my installation of XenForo too - Mac 10.6.8 and Firefox 6.0 - unable to add a new line at the very start of an edited post. However, you can add a space, then a line, (then delete the space) so it is easy to work around if you're wanting to edit the start of a post.

test
alfkja

Yep... If you have the first word in bold, and then you try to edit the post starting with the first character - that cannot be done either.

I put my cursor before the word test when I edited it, and nothing could be done. I need to use the non-rtf editor to edit the post.

Chrome 12 on XP.

yeah, the editor is totally corrupted (at least for me as I am using FireFox 6.0 and with previous FireFox versions I have been using).

enter, double blank line space, delete-key, return key, etc. do not work properly.

I get a similar issue in IE (8 & 9) where there is no visible cursor when you try to edit a post.

I usually have to click on a smiley (which is inserted at the very first character on the post) after which the editor becomes "active" and I can edit.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Curious if this is still happening with the various updated browsers. I can confirm it with bold text at the start but haven't noticed it otherwise. Unfortunately, that is likely to be a TinyMCE or even an internal browser thing and possibly hard for us to handle.

Sorry to bump this thread but I couldn't find the one specific to my issue, this is the closest one I could find.

The behaviour described in OP is similar to another problem where you can't hit 'return' to get a new line after hitting edit, can anyone link me up?

Top Bottom