1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Edit Post box blank?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by jauburn, Nov 23, 2013.

1. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

Have complaints from a user who says that when she clicks Edit to edit a post, the Edit box is blank. Is this a known issue with any particular configuration? She says she's on IE, the latest.

Thanks.

CivilWarTalk likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Make sure you're running 1.2.3 (or 1.2.2 I think). They have fixes for IE11 issues.

3. jauburn

Yes, this is 1.2.3

Any other ideas?

4. Mike

I'm not aware of any known issues then (and I just edited a post without issue in IE11).

5. jauburn

Thanks. Hopefully I'll get this user squared away. I did ask her to try switching to Chrome temporarily.

6. CivilWarTalk

CivilWarTalk Active Member

@Mike I just started running into a similar issue, from one of my users:

"When I sign on via Explorer 11, I'm shown as signed-in, but I cannot post, and when I move to another page, my signed-in status disappears. But, when I log on via Chrome browser, there is no problem."

7. CivilWarTalk

Another user yesterday:

"The other day my Internet Explorer updated to IE 11. I wasn't able to stop it from updating. From then on I can't post on the forums. It won't let me type anything into the text box. Is it something with the browser or did I do something wrong and am unable to post?"

8. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I'm not able to confirm this.

What is the link to your site? Maybe I can help you figure it out :)

9. CivilWarTalk

Okay, my wife pointed out a third report from yesterday, I'm wondering if it's an addon or something:

"For some reason on my laptop I cannot fill in the message body of my post. It will not let me type anything. It also extends to private messages, but only is affected on my laptop because I'm using my phone for this message. Apparently it was my Internet Explorer. I switched to Google Chrome."

10. CivilWarTalk

CivilWarTalk.com

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  11. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you on the latest version of XenForo.

12. Mike

To answer this: no. As roughly implied in my first post, upgrading to 1.2.3 will fix it.

13. CivilWarTalk

Wow, you are right Mike, for some reason I assumed I was running the latest version! I'll upgrade and report back!