1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Edit Post blur buttons

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by ŽivaAkcija, Apr 5, 2015.

1. ŽivaAkcija

ŽivaAkcija Well-Known Member

Firefox 37.01

when edit post got very invisible/blur buttons

Robru, otto and erich37 like this.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

This is pretty much an internal browser issue that'd be literally impossible to work around. I've been seeing some blurred text on various sites since one of the third-point releases of Firefox 36 was released, though it goes away within a second or two after you start moving your cursor around the site and scrolling.

You could try disabling hardware acceleration.
  3. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

I can't reproduce this problem with Firefox 37.0.1 stock configuration.
  4. ŽivaAkcija

its here on this forum, now looks fine
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can't reproduce this either. If it suddenly started looking fine, that would imply a browser/rendering issue as nothing has changed today.
  6. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

I've just seen this happen on FF 37.0.1 on windows. Also after clicking the 'save changes' button, the text turned white

Definitely appears to be a browser issue, as lowering the font size to the point where the width of the text on the broken buttons matches the cancel button makes them appear correctly. Additionally raising the font size of the cancel button to 15px or more breaks it as well.
  7. GliX

GliX Active Member

Firefox 37.0.1 (OS X) - all is ok.
    Firefox 37.0.1 (Windows) - can reproduce this bug.

Of cource it's browser issue. I'm tired of constant problems with Firefox and i move on Chrome.
    ŽivaAkcija and batpool52! like this.
  8. ŽivaAkcija

its happened again

9. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I have seen this at my own XF-installation and now I am also seeing this here at xf.com

The color of the "text" of some buttons has changed during the last few weeks.
    Seems to me this is some issue or a change to Firefox-browser ?

I am using FF 37.0.1

10. Optic

Optic Well-Known Member

11. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

On my FF (same version as yours) it momentarily appears like that, but not for even a second... just enough to notice that it loads up.

Edit: On Chrome, I don't see the buttons load, it just pops up fully loaded.
  12. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

13. batpool52!

batpool52! Well-Known Member

Confirmed here as well. Can be seen in Firefox Developer Edition as well. The issue is with text-shadow.
  14. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I was able to reproduce it on my laptop the other day, and now that Firefox has updated to 37.0.1 on my desktop, I can reproduce it here as well.

It's not a big deal, though, personally.

15. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

+1 here on FF 37.0.1 but only in the admin pages as the front end uses a different style.
    Chrome is fine.
  16. Mike

I can reproduce this now, but only with hardware acceleration on. It is indeed caused by the text-shadow or the border-radius (removing either fixes it). It does also fix itself in some cases.

This is pretty clearly a browser issue, but I don't know if we should try working around it (which would remove the text-shadow as it's not fundamental anyway).
  17. batpool52!

batpool52! Well-Known Member

If the text shadow is set to inherit and the text shadow is applied to the parent, this issue doesn't occur :) Tested on Firefox Developer Edition x64
    otto likes this.
  18. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

All the time on xenforo.com I see this bug, also on other forums.
  19. Robru

Robru Active Member

Confirmed: FF 37.0.2 with Windows 8.1 Update 1

20. Mike

I'm going to have to remove the text-shadow (which doesn't make a noticeable difference anyway).
    Amaury likes this.