As designed Edit language settings: Date input format bug? (EU)

MichaelR

Affected version
v2.1.10 Patch 2
So i'm from Europe. I copied the USA language and made a UK one. And in the edit language settings i changed the date format to: 29 August 2020.

On the front site i changed it to the correct UK language.
You would expect that when i manually type in a date like this: 29-08-2020 (for example in a custom thread date field) that it would be ok. The problem is that it gives the error that the format is not ok. I need to type it in the USA (2020-08-29) way witch is strange because i changed it and i'm on the correct UK language. Is this a bug or do i miss some information and can i fix this?

chrome_8R9IioN2GE.webpchrome_2VRX7Ps1k7.webp
chrome_GWddrORJKo.webp

This is sort of a technical requirement, though it's as designed. The underlying spec of the web is that date input fields are in YYYY-MM-DD format, so that's how our fields work. This is an essentially unambiguous format so it it avoids issues due to the MM/DD order option.

The calendar will always insert the expected format. (We then know how to unambiguously parse the result on the server side.)

Oh really, i did not know that. Never came in to this problem with any software before. This is not so good from EU people i guess. Is there a way that i can fix this in the custom thread fields. For example something with the Validator or another option? I like to type in 29-08-2020 and the output could then in the workaround also be the same. So not the word Augustus.. Im looking for a work around.

Top Bottom