XF 2.2 Edit directly in files?

Lucandi

I have given myself a chance to learn Xenforo and how it is structured but I do not understand at all. I find it very difficult to understand. Like, one has to find the right file in the admin panel with the right phrase. On phpbb it was very easy, if you wanted to make a change it was right click and then it comes up if it is css or html file, which line it is. The question is, can you edit, change directly in root on Xenforo?

in xenforo, you generally do not edit core files. there are templates, phrases and style properties that can be modified from backend. it would take some time to get used to it if you have not used a similar system before but it is not complicated at all.

These are not core files I should change, css is not a core file? This is exactly what I do not understand, how do I know which file or what to change is in template, phrases or style properties? Now I have tried for three weeks and have not come a meter forward. Is on the same box. Have not used anything similar. It's easy for you to say it's not complicated but it's not for everyone. Now I want to change the color of something, for example, I know so much that colors are css, but I can not find any css file at all.

i started xenforo with little knowledge of how to manage things. i also picked up from various threads on this forum.

css is part of templates AND style properties. so you do not really need to edit any files on ftp/server. you can make changes in backend. if you have access to xenforo demo, explore the style property section under appearance section! you get panels like this:

1613679364205.png

where you can make changes to color and size or add your own custom css for that page element. these are available for tons of visual elements on xenforo. for any other change, there is a dedicated extra.less template (just search for it in the search box at top right in admin panel) where you can enter your css which as you can see is also managed from the xenforo backend!

1613679439884.webp

if you are looking for anything specific, do a search here on the forum, it is very likely that someone has asked for it before and someone else has responded with a solution for it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom