1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Ebay

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Jens1986, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Jens1986

Jens1986 Active Member

I had this same problem with 1.3 also:

If I use the script code generated from the custom widget generator for ebay publishers, the buttons stop working. You cant log in, answer, quote or anything like that. Is this a known issue, or just me? And is there any fix?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will need to post in the add-on thread for support.
  3. Jens1986

Jens1986 Active Member

@Brogan this is not regarding the Ebay addon (I dont use it because its not compatible with bd widgets). I put the code from the ebay widget generator in my side bar and the buttons dont work.
  4. Brogan

There is no ebay widget generator in the core so where is the code coming from?

If it's from ebay then it's possible there is a conflict or it has been implemented incorrectly.
  5. Jens1986

Jens1986 Active Member

Yes its from the widget generator on ebays publishers page. The widget show up when i paste the script in the sidebar and works as intended, navigation on the forum works, but liking posts, logging in, quoting etc dont work @Brogan. I was just wondering if its just me or a known bug.

I think the code is implemented correctly, I use the same code on several wordpress sites with no problem.
  6. Brogan

Can you post a link to the widget or the code?
  7. Jens1986

Jens1986 Active Member

At work, will post it tomorrow. THanks.
  8. Jens1986

Jens1986 Active Member

<script type="text/javascript" src='http://adn.ebay.com/files/js/min/jquery-1.6.2-min.js'></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src='http://adn.ebay.com/files/js/min/ebay_activeContent-min.js'></script>
    <script charset="utf-8" type="text/javascript">
    document.write('\x3Cscript type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="http://adn.ebay.com/cb?programId=1&campId=5337483070&toolId=10026&keyword=kirkland+5%25&sellerIds=monsterhotdeals&width=232&height=500&font=1&textColor=7f7f7f&linkColor=3498db&arrowColor=61ae50&color1=ffffff&color2=[COLORTWO]&format=ImageLink&contentType=TEXT_AND_IMAGE&enableSearch=y&usePopularSearches=n&freeShipping=n&topRatedSeller=n&itemsWithPayPal=n&descriptionSearch=n&showKwCatLink=n&excludeCatId=&excludeKeyword=&catId=26395&disWithin=200&ctx=n&autoscroll=n&flashEnabled=' + isFlashEnabled + '&pageTitle=' + _epn__pageTitle + '&cachebuster=' + (Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000000 )) + '">\x3C/script>' );
  9. Brogan

I added the code to the ad_sidebar_top template and everything works fine.

I have no problems logging in, replying, quoting, etc.

It's possible there is some other JS interfering, possibly from an add-on or customisation.
  10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That code brings in a rather old version of jQuery which will break some of what XenForo uses. You may be able to get away not bringing in jQuery at all with it, though it may depend on that particular version itself.
    SneakyDave and Jens1986 like this.
  11. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Jquery should be left out completely, this (ebay thing) works with jq 1.6.2 and the newest version of jQ so I would think it is safe to assume it will work on any version in between thus the version included in xf would work just fine for this.
    Jens1986 likes this.
  12. Jens1986

Jens1986 Active Member

@Mike and @EQnoble do you mean i can try to just remove some of the code? If so, what part? Thank you for your help :) :)
  13. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

Remove the first line of your code above (jQuery) and see if that fixes it
  14. Jens1986

Jens1986 Active Member

Thanks! That worked!
    SneakyDave likes this.