Ebay [Deleted]

I can navigate to the ebay link manually.

However, I run my site behind HTTPS, and their JS only appears to be available via HTTP, so doesn't work on my site. I've asked ebay if they have a HTTPS version available, so will await their response.

I can navigate to the ebay link manually.

However, I run my site behind HTTPS, and their JS only appears to be available via HTTP, so doesn't work on my site. I've asked ebay if they have a HTTPS version available, so will await their response.
Their reply
Dear Matt Worthington,

Thank you for contacting eBay Partner Network Customer Support.

We kindly inform you that unfortunately, since there is an exchange of information between secure servers and insecure servers to retrieve the images to complete the banner, the browser blocks the banner unless your visitors allow it. This can be done in Google Chrome, for example, by clicking on the shield icon on the left-hand side of the browser’s address bar.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes and we hope you find this workaround valuable. We will continue to monitor the browsers’ latest updates for further changes.

Sincerely,

Bobby Banville

eBay Partner Network Customer Support
Can't be used on sites running HTTPS then.

AndyB updated Ebay with a new update entry:

I cannot get past ...

After Installation Step 3:

The goal here is to add items to the Ebay Admin page (Pic 4). The items you add should be products that would be of interest to your viewers. For example if your forum is about fishing you would want to include items related to fishing.
  1. Click the Ebay link in the visitors tab.
  2. Click the Admin link.
  3. Click Add.

... for me, I cannot find step 1 above. When I go into a thread I only see the "Sign Up Now" button as though I am logged out. But definantly logged-in.

Hi @AndyB I have some questions for you, please
  • Does this work with [BD] Widget Framework? (It would need to on AVForums)
  • Are you using the ebay API?
  • What key words are used to create the search and what kind of matching is it? For example, do you use the thread title and does it have to be a close match for relevant results?
  • Do you / could you associate (multiple) ebay categories with specific forums in order to restrict the results? E.g. associate the Televisions category with a Televisions forum in order to restrict results to Televisions? People hate HATE HATE irrelevant results. :)
  • Do you /could you change the Program ID dependent upon the country people are viewing from (determined from their IP address)? This would significantly increase the relevance of results. There are several addons which use the Maxmind GeoLite database like Snog's country flags addon and Waindigo's GeoLite addon.
Thanks

Hi @AndyB I have some questions for you, please
  • Does this work with [BD] Widget Framework? (It would need to on AVForums)
  • Are you using the ebay API?
  • What key words are used to create the search and what kind of matching is it? For example, do you use the thread title and does it have to be a close match for relevant results?
  • Do you / could you associate (multiple) ebay categories with specific forums in order to restrict the results? E.g. associate the Televisions category with a Televisions forum in order to restrict results to Televisions? People hate HATE HATE irrelevant results. :)
  • Do you /could you change the Program ID dependent upon the country people are viewing from (determined from their IP address)? This would significantly increase the relevance of results. There are several addons which use the Maxmind GeoLite database like Snog's country flags addon and Waindigo's GeoLite addon.
Thanks
That's basically everything I'd have wanted to ask.
Apparently it doesn't work with Widget Framework though. :(

Top Bottom