Easiest way to disable navbar on forum_view

Marcus

When I remove the navbar from the template, the navbar will still be displayed as "Forum>".
Code:
<xen:navigation>
    <xen:breadcrumb source="$nodeBreadCrumbs" />
</xen:navigation>

What is the quickest way to remove the navbar from forum_view? A preg_replace in the ViewPublic_Forum_View?

By navbar do you mean Navigation Bar or the Breadcrumb? You're talking about navbar but removing breadcrumb code.

Thanks ! I meant the breadcrumbs.

At ViewPublic I have this in the $this->_params array:
Code:
["pageNavParams"] => array(2) {
["order"] => bool(false)
["direction"] => bool(false)
}
... this will result in displaying "Forums > " at the top of the page. It would be great to remove the breadcrumbs at all.

Use a conditional statement in the PAGE_CONTAINER template or CSS to hide it.

The easiest method would be to use the EXTRA.css, try adding and see if it hides the breadcrumb
Code:
#content.forum_view .breadBoxTop,
#content.forum_view .breadBoxBottom
{
display: none;
}
The other method is to to edit PAGE_CONTAINER template, example:
Find:
PHP:
<div class="breadBoxTop {xen:if $topctrl, withTopCtrl}">
                            <xen:if is="{$topctrl}"><div class="topCtrl">{xen:raw $topctrl}</div></xen:if>
                            <xen:include template="breadcrumb"><xen:set var="$microdata">1</xen:set></xen:include>
                        </div>
Replace with
PHP:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'forum_view'">
                        <div class="breadBoxTop {xen:if $topctrl, withTopCtrl}">
                            <xen:if is="{$topctrl}"><div class="topCtrl">{xen:raw $topctrl}</div></xen:if>
                            <xen:include template="breadcrumb"><xen:set var="$microdata">1</xen:set></xen:include>
                        </div>
                        </xen:if>

Thanks, I use this to only hide the breadcrumbs while still display the new topic button:
Code:
#content.forum_view .breadBoxTop .crumbs,
#content.forum_view .breadBoxBottom .crumbs
{ display: none; }

Top Bottom