Earthquake, Central Virginia [US]

I've got a hunch some internet traffic was affected based on performance of a few sites (not xf.com), but I certainly cannot find anything tangible on the internet.

I live in Northern Virginia near DC...I work on the 12th floor of my building...that was pretty scary. The walls were shifting so badly they looked like they were going to fall out. We aren't prepared for this kinda crap over here! lol

I'm in New Jersey and felt a tremor that lasted about 20 seconds. It wasn't that severe but it was frightening. I was actually relieved when I found it was just an earthquake.

Felt a little shaking here in Harrisburg, PA. I thought it might have been me daydreaming or something until I asked a coworker if it was what I thought it was. Lasted maybe 10 - 15 seconds.

I live in Northern Virginia near DC...I work on the 12th floor of my building...that was pretty scary. The walls were shifting so badly they looked like they were going to fall out. We aren't prepared for this kinda crap over here! lol
I thought congress agreed on something and everyone fell out of their chairs. :)
After experiencing 9/11 when I lived in the DC area, I would have been pretty shaken up.

I felt it 400 miles away. Granted very minor. Still, quite a distance to travel.

Added: Interesting headline:
Earthquake Hits East Coast: Aftershocks Felt on Twitter Reuters

Really? Is this a new vibration feature on Twitter?

We felt it here in NE Ohio. From what I understand, it was felt as far north as Maine and as far west as western Ohio/Michigan.
I know there was a good amount of structural damage in Washington, to the cathedral and other buildings.

Odd things are happening.

Felt it here in NYC for about 20 seconds. I was sitting in the office and everything started rocking. I just thought it was one of our tankers backing up way too far into the receiving bay and shaking the whole building. I looked outside and saw 6 ton tankers wobbling a little bit and then realized it was an earthquake. No damage where I was or pretty much anywhere in NYC. I just know a few skyscrapers shook a little too much for comfort but no structural damage.

Felt it down here, outside of Raleigh NC.. Thought my new A/C in the attic was on the fritz.. Light rumble, sustained about 60 seconds but no harm...

Devastation in Central Virginia:
earthquake-devastation_small.webp

Top Bottom