XF 1.5 Early stages

Your Ski Advisor

First time caller, long time listener and all that. Please be gentile. And move this to the appropriate forum if needed.

While I have managed many forums on the front end, this is my/our first endeavor from building one. Quite frankly, I am trying., but I am fumbling OK, I have the basic structure built in the nodes for the forum. I need to set user permissions, I will have the typical Admin, Mod levels but also specialty areas that only some groups can access and some that only can control replies. I think I can figure most of that out. Should I build a TEST member for each of these groups to try this out? OR did I just answer my own question?

Right now only Admin levels can access the forum but I want to have my staff come in and start building content and do testing. How can I do that without giving full admin permissions or should I just give them those permissions then change them when we go live?

I do have a test account for testing permissions (although I no longer use it) so it is definitely useful when starting out.
You only really need one test user - you can just keep changing the user groups, etc. to test different permission sets.

Have you read these guides on how to set them up?

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/understanding-permissions.360/

Right now only Admin levels can access the forum but I want to have my staff come in and start building content and do testing. How can I do that without giving full admin permissions or should I just give them those permissions then change them when we go live?
If the site is closed, only administrators can access it.

You would need to open the site but perhaps add .htaccess authorisation if you want to restrict it to a certain audience.
Or revoke the view permission for the Registered and Unregistered user groups and allow it for the staff members.

Top Bottom