Add-on Early Preview: DragonByte eCommerce

No. Physical goods are charged at the rate of the supply location, and in the U.K. that is only applicable for larger businesses that are VAT registered.

Digital goods and services must be charged at the rate of the customer’s country, and applied irrespective of the seller’s VAT status. People don’t like it as it is complex especially for small businesses, but that is why there are plugins for example for Wordpress ecommerce platforms that make it easier

No. Physical goods are charged at the rate of the supply location, and in the U.K. that is only applicable for larger businesses that are VAT registered.

Digital goods and services must be charged at the rate of the customer’s country, and applied irrespective of the seller’s VAT status. People don’t like it as it is complex especially for small businesses, but that is why there are plugins for example for Wordpress ecommerce platforms that make it easier
I stand corrected, thank you for the explanation :)

Fillip

Price hasn't been finalised yet, it'll be announced along with the release.

Fillip
Ok sounds good. Also your pricing for your addons are always reasonable. I am just glad you took the time to actually create a stand alone e commerce for XF2. I was really debating on integrating to other software like wordpress since it provides Woocommerce. But with this new addon, it seems like the perfect solution and easier to setup with less headache and hassle. And to be quite frank, I think this is the first time I seen something like this for XF.
Will this have the ability to give members with the proper permissions to post their own products, or will this all be admin based?

Will this have the ability to give members with the proper permissions to post their own products, or will this all be admin based?
They can add products yes, but in the initial version, all proceeds will go to the admin defined payment account as it uses the Payment Profile system in XF2. There are plans to add Classifieds functionality, but it's low on the list of priorities (physical item support and reports are two things I can think of that are more important).

Fillip

They can add products yes, but in the initial version, all proceeds will go to the admin defined payment account as it uses the Payment Profile system in XF2. There are plans to add Classifieds functionality, but it's low on the list of priorities (physical item support and reports are two things I can think of that are more important).

Fillip
Actually The fact that all payments go to the Admin account is good. This is something that is good for any buy/sell/trade or marketplace. This will provide extra security, to make sure that the buyer and seller both confirmed the product has been delivered. Also the site admin, can always manually pay the sellers once this has been confirmed. I think you stated somewhere that there will be a buy now option in the thread view, that will be a very nice option. Anyways this is something my site is really needing, and I appreciate you going out of your way creating this addon. I am sure I'm not the only one excited about this project. :)

This has now been released: [DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce :)

As it says in the FAQ, the initial version does not have support for physical products due to the fact that I had to take extra time to develop features our website needed before we could fully move to XF2. Furthermore, with the system being in use, I was able to spot multiple areas needing improvement as well as fixing issues that arose from people actually using it.

It's flagged as Beta because, while we have used it extensively @ our site for a few weeks now and I'm confident in its stability, it does still involve money which is inherently scary to any developer (or at least it should be) :P

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback, I look forward to working with you going forward to make this product even better :D

Fillip

Development Update: We're almost ready for a new Beta version, with support for physical products :)

Rather than type too much, I've recorded a quick look video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fillip

Top Bottom