[EAE Add-ons] Thread preview widget

[EAE Add-ons] Thread preview widget 1.3

No permission to download
I would like a pagination or 'view more' button.

Im not experiencing any performance issues with this addon either logged in our out, using any device nor are any of my members.

Im not experiencing any performance issues with this addon either logged in our out, using any device nor are any of my members.

I don't know. But I do have some performance issues.

I'll add that for the next release, :)

I don't know. But I do have some performance issues.

Are the images pretty large? But if they were, you would probably have the same performance hit showing up in a normal article type forum on mobile. I'll need to look more into this.

I'll add that for the next release, :)

Are the images pretty large? But if they were, you would probably have the same performance hit showing up in a normal article type forum on mobile. I'll need to look more into this.
Can I PM?

Great plugin, thank you well done!

Is there a chance to do any picture from thread (preferably latest) displayed in Latest Post display mode. Otherwise it looks a bit white...
Even if there is a picture in last post it is not displayed. But pictures do work in Latest Thread display model

I have to add that our forum is for invitation only, and guest has no access to it at all.

Last edited:
Great plugin, thank you well done!
Thanks, :)
Is there a chance to do any picture from thread (preferably latest) displayed in Latest Post display mode

Are you looking to grab an image from the last post, instead of the first? That I can add an option to do, however; not to grab an image from any post in returned threads as that would be very resource extensive.

Reactions: Lee
Are you looking to grab an image from the last post, instead of the first? That I can add an option to do, however; not to grab an image from any post in returned threads as that would be very resource extensive.

Hi Lawrence that would be useful addon for me to pick up from last post. Thanks!

And grabbing image from last/first thread page would be possible? It is more probable to find pic on first/last page of a thread. And than most of windows on your page would be automatically with pics. Would that also be demanding?

So this takes all threads and makes them look like XF's new article format? Is that was this is doing?

It would be nice if this could pull articles from mixed thread-type forums if you have selected that forum. Some of us don't use the dedicated forum option but would like to display the articles. So it would not pull Discussion, Poll, Question. Thanks

Perhaps a setting: Is Article? Y/N

Would cover all bases, dedicated and mixed.

Or a tick box with the formats to include/exclude all types.

Last edited:
The widget shows Simple and Normal options under Display styles, but you can't choose Simple. Is this by design?

Also, is there a way to limit the previews by word count? Right now the previews are basically showing entire posts, which is a bit more than just a preview. Not sure how to limit them. But it is one in the morning here, and I probably shouldn't be messing with this now. Maybe it will make more sense in the morning. :)

The widget shows Simple and Normal options under Display styles, but you can't choose Simple. Is this by design?
Good morning. Yes it is by design, I wanted an indicator that the widget is not usable in simple mode. I can remove it, when I get around to updating it.
Also, is there a way to limit the previews by word count? Right now the previews are basically showing entire posts, which is a bit more than just a preview.
The add-on uses $forum.type_config.expanded_snippet setting within the template. If the post has less characters than this amount then the whole post would be shown.

Edit: are you referring to long posts showing in it's entirety? If so, that setting value (100 chars) may not be available depending on what forum the post belongs to, if that is the case, I'll need to add a snippet length option to the widget.

Last edited:
Good morning. Yes it is by design, I wanted an indicator that the widget is not usable in simple mode. I can remove it, when I get around to updating it.

The add-on uses $forum.type_config.expanded_snippet setting within the template. If the post has less characters than this amount then the whole post would be shown.

Edit: are you referring to long posts showing in it's entirety? If so, that setting value (100 chars) may not be available depending on what forum the post belongs to, if that is the case, I'll need to add a snippet length option to the widget.
Hi, yes, I'm talking about long posts showing in their entirety. I was going back and forth, looking at the previews and the posts and in every case found that the previews contained the entire posts. Definitely a lot more 100 characters. It would definitely be nice to have an option to set the max character limit. Thank you.

Top Bottom