XF 1.3 Each User Upgrade in Multiple Currencies?

SurferJon

Hi there! People on my forums will soon be able to subscribe to read articles written by other members. We will have a weekly plan for $5, a monthly plan for $15, a quarterly plan for $40, and a yearly plan for $130 (all recurring).

We have many international users, so I was wondering if it's possible to set each user upgrade to take multiple currencies. Right now I can only set one currency at a time per upgrade, which means I need to create 4 different user upgrades per currency (USD, EUR, Yen, etc. = over 20) and also calculate the amount it would be in each currency. Is this the only way you can have the same user upgrades in multiple currencies under XF's current setup, or am I missing something? Must I manually create an upgrade (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly) per currency?

If the above way IS the only way to create user upgrades per currency, is it possible to change the upgrade page so that you can separate all the upgrades by currency? As in a box for USD, a box for EUR, etc.? Otherwise my user upgrade page will be quite messy. ^_^;; Since it's four per currency, could I use some hack code which would be like "for every 4 rows, separate them by a <br />" or, even better, "for every 4 rows, separate them by a <br /> and use X title, then Y title, then Z title between them"? That way I could separate every 4 rows with like "US Members," "European Members," etc.

Thank you so much! I love XF!

Last edited:
Why are you trying to break it down into multiple currencies... Just set it in USD and then let PayPal do the conversion from their currency to USD.

Wait... really? Paypal does that? I haven't actually gone through the payment process yet as I'm still setting things up, so if that's the case, that's wonderful news. I thought I heard from a competitor that for some reason they didn't take international currencies through the way you check out subscriptions (like what XF does when you go to Paypal), or that there was some complications or something. Is it really all handled?

Wait... really? Paypal does that? I haven't actually gone through the payment process yet as I'm still setting things up, so if that's the case, that's wonderful news, right? :p

XD
Every time I've used paypal to pay for stuff in GBP it's converted the figure from USD to GBP and deducted the correct amount... so yes, it does conversions. Needless to say, 15GBP is more than 15USD. ;)

This may be off topic, but does Amazon charge anything extra for accepting international payments? Are there any catches or anything? I thought I heard from a competitor once that there were complications with accepting money from other countries. Not sure if it was the check out thing they were using on their website, the type of account they have on Amazon, or something else.

Oh wow, I meant to say Paypal, not Amazon. XD

Fixed: This may be off topic, but does PAYPAL charge anything extra for accepting international payments? Are there any catches or anything? I thought I heard from a competitor once that there were complications with accepting money from other countries. Not sure if it was the check out thing they were using on their website, the type of account they have on Amazon, or something else.

Top Bottom