1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-Blah forum to Xenforo?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by surfsup, Jun 13, 2013.

1. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

I already have a forum with over 500k+ posts but I am talking with someone right now regarding importing e-blah users/forum threads/posts/pictures to Xenforo. or atleast just the threads/posts.

Is there anyone that can do this?

I have never even heard of E-Blah free forum until today... eblah.com
  2. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

So your saying you've never heard of e-blah, yet that is the forum software your using?
  3. surfsup

I have xenforo on a couple forums, the guy I am talking to owns a forum with e-blah software on it that it not in use anymore.
  4. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Looks like you need to convert it to SMF or phpBB then into XF. But most of the conversion scripts are outdated. Maybe Jake has a suggestion.

@Jake Bunce
  5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have never done eblah. I do some imports via vB, but they have no importer for eblah. Sorry.
  6. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

There is an eBlah to IPB importer.
  7. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Why'd anyone start and grow a community on a software that failed at getting the product name right? :coffee:
  8. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Well there is a blast from the past. Does Eblah still use text files for storing posts? I'm sure it used to....
  9. tyteen4a03

I didn't dig through the code very much, but it looks like they still do. It's no longer under active development anyways, just let it rest in peace.
  10. surfsup

ahhh :/ what to do what to do....
  11. tyteen4a03

eBlah -> IPB -> XenForo
    Andrej and surfsup like this.
  12. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Have you tried gconverter.com?
  13. surfsup

No, but they just offer a service and not sure how they would do since there isnt even a converter out yet...?

The e-blah to ipb to xenforo sounds promising but would I need a ipb install to do so?
  14. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

I wish I could help you, but I absolutely don't know anything about redirects. Otherwise I could help you convert using IPB as middle-man (I have a license).

I am sure you can find someone to do this. :)
    surfsup likes this.