Dynamic Dark Mode on xenforo 2.1

I noticed the upgrade earlier this week and have used the the dark mode. Site looks great Arn!

I've been loving your coverage recently and am really enjoying your recent video content from the team too :)

I noticed the upgrade earlier this week and have used the the dark mode. Site looks great Arn!

I've been loving your coverage recently and am really enjoying your recent video content from the team too :)
Thanks! XF2.1 has been occupying most of my time the past couple of weeks :)

It doesn't seem like it'd be that tough, but @kylerc and @Jake B. and myself had idk about 4 different prototypes and even more meetings to go over how this would work (and at scale with caching and dynamic css loading in via JS and whatever else).

We had a product planned for this back when Dark mode was announced that was built for Resetera (but never finished - you can see the Toggle switcher there), it was going to be something we built in to UI.X, but for some reason we couldn't get a model that worked. We now have both working (Ajax quick theme change without needing a page refresh and also automatic detection for iOS and Android)

A suggestion from @arn I believe (Kyler or Jake correct me) was quite beneficial in the final method.

Nice work, this is something that recently came up about being able to switch themes or light/dark mode in a seamless fashion.

Impressive.

Top Bottom