Duplicate "Duplicate user group" button

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Without knowing any detail of your particular circumstances, I would have to suggest that the fact you feel the need for this tool means you actually aren't using XenForo permissions "correctly".

It might help if you were to describe WHY you want this - what the needs of your forum are, that would be satisfied by this.

This has already been suggested.

I'll link to the thread once I find it.

As stated though, there is no need to do this if you set the permissions up as they are intended to be used.
See the link in my signature.

Ah yes didn't find it before posting, used the wrong keywords. Sorry about that.

Yes I understand that you can override the grey "not set" permission with "allow" green ones from one group to another, but having each group with their given set of permissions instead of geting them all interdependant is a lot less difficult.. at least to me.

Ah yes didn't find it before posting, used the wrong keywords. Sorry about that.

Yes I understand that you can override the grey "not set" permission with "allow" green ones from one group to another, but having each group with their given set of permissions instead of geting them all interdependant is a lot less difficult.. at least to me.
Not at all, in fact it makes things more complicated.

If you set up the permissions your way and want to then give a new permission to several groups, you have to go into each group and add that permission. If there are a lot of groups that's a lot of changes just for one new permission.

If you set up the permissions correctly as per Brogan's resource

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

then you can make one single change in just one group, after which the new permission will be allocated to all relevant members.

I started by reading this well written guide and understand its logic, but there is no tool/page to see what a given user has multiple access to. Besides, when you tie a banner to an usergroup and you give a user another group, either the banners stack, or only the highest one set is displayed depending of the settings, and that's doesn't always returns what I'm trying to achieve.

But thank you all for your input. Now that I'm here, what happens when two banners have the same priority number set? They both show?

Now that I'm here, what happens when two banners have the same priority number set? They both show?
If banner stacking is enabled, then you'll see both banner banners along with any other banners set for other usergroups. If banner stacking isn't enabled then you'll see the banner from the group with the highest priority. If there are two or more groups with the same priority, I don't know which banner will display, I guess one of the developers would know this. The best thing though (and good practice) is to make sure that each group has a unique priority.

If you'd like to use multiple banners but not all then this currently isn't possible. I wanted to have banner stacking on but only show some banners depending on the groups that the users were in. You can see what I mean here

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...mixture-of-stackable-and-non-stackable.72534/

If you agree with my suggestion, please like the first post in that thread. :)

Top Bottom