As designed Duplicate link/page????

Hornstar

I think this is a duplicate link. When you click on your username in the navbar you will see a link to 'personal details' the link is
http://xenforo.com/community/account/personal-details

And if you click on the quick navigation menu you will see a link to 'Your Account' the link is http://xenforo.com/community/account/

Both have different titles and different links but both take you to the same page and content.

Not sure if bad for seo but if not it may just be a consistency thing.

Well, bots can't access those pages. 2, it's just an alias. 3, I see the title of "Personal Details" for both links.

Which links to the account page that Mike & Kier have decided to be indexed. Personally, I'm not seeing a major issue here.

I'm not seeing a major issue either but I do see a minor issue that 2 completely different links with 2 different titles are being used in 2 different spots when the content ends up being the exact same. Just a minor consistency thing. I feel the same link with the same title would be an ideal fix unless there is reasoning behind this.

The "Your Account" link leads to what is defined as the account center home page. The links title is associated with the side bar header.

The Personal Details link is associated with the personal details page, and explicitly links to it / describes it by name. In the future, they may decide another page is destined for the /account/ route, and this allows them to not update links. An add-on could also change this.

Personal Details is the landing page for Account.

It could quite easily be another existing page or even a new one in the future.

The main account page used to be alerts IIRC. But the explanations are generally correct - the "your account" link takes you to a different URL that happens to be the same as personal details right now but it may not be. It could be a general overview page.

Worth noting that in 1.2, this parallels with there being a difference between linking to the "index" and the "forum list" because the forum list isn't necessarily the index any more. (Though add-ons changed that before too.)

Top Bottom