XF 1.4 Duplicate fields on sign-up page

Brett Chitty

I've attempted to find out why there are additional fields for a person who is signing up for a new account.

I attach a picture.
XF Issue.webp
In the picture you can see the field 'Name' twice, one of which ask the user to 'please leave this field blank'.
The same thing with password and verification, they have an additional field which asked to be left blank.
It is not always this way, and sometimes there is an additional email field.

So the name, email, password, verification can have additional fields which ask to be left blank. It seems random how many of the fields appear in one display. Sometimes it's one, sometimes it's all 4.

I have had people not reading them, so they inadvertently fill in the fields that supposed to be left blank and that stops them from registering a new account. They give up altogether after making multiple attempts.

@xenBoost Mike

This could be related to outdated templates or an add-on.

Are there any outdated templates in the ACP?
Have you checked if these extra fields are still there with all add-ons disabled and using the default XenForo style?

It looks like it's related to the style you are using (so it could be outdated templates). I visited your site (via your profile here) and discovered that the style chooser is available at the bottom of the forums. I changed to the default style, went to the registration page and the duplicated fields aren't there (but are in your other style):

If it's not outdated templates, then it's another issue with your style. You'll have to post in the discussion thread for that style for further support.

Top Bottom