XF 1.5 Duh, locked myself out.

Dixie McCall

Duh, what an arse. I locked myself out of my own forum and admin panel. I tried every email address I have and it's not working. Either I've completely lost my marbles or my recover password system isn't working. I'm pretty sure it is me. LOL Can anyone advise.... Be gentle. :) :p

thank you everyone. For some reason outlook mail isn't working as a 'forget password" on my forum. So I changed my admin email to another in DB and got a link to reset. Have no idea if this is a bug or what but hopefully I can't get in now. @M@rc... Good idea as well.

thank you everyone. For some reason outlook mail isn't working as a 'forget password" on my forum. So I changed my admin email to another in DB and got a link to reset. Have no idea if this is a bug or what but hopefully I can't get in now. @M@rc... Good idea as well.
Odds are this is not a XenForo issue, but an MTA (your mail sending software) issue... Outlook (if referring to MS's web based) is notorious for blocking mail from many domains that "don't have adequate reputation". There is a way to help get around that with them until your IP reputation builds up, but in the mean time I'd be looking at using a different email address for such important functions and confirming that they worked (were getting sent and I could receive them).

Top Bottom