Ducati Forum moves to XF

Mackeral_Fillet

Hiya,

Thought it would be good to show off the site. I moved from VB4 to XF a couple of weeks ago. Had quite a bit of help and support here getting things fixed, so thank you to the community. Members are mixed on the style changes - it's a light style and lots of people were used to the VB style and way of doing things. Anyway, hopefully they will get used to it quickly :-)

Thanks to @Jake Bunce (loads of redirects help) and @xfrocks (wordpress bridge help).

Here's the link:

http://ducatiforum.co.uk/

Interested in feedback/critique etc :-)

Indeed, clean style. Why don't you have a link in your articles to the forum for reactions/discussion about the news you post/create?

Rob (yes, I visited & read all 14 pages of the "Welcome to the new look" thread :P), looks good, a nice clean presentation.

Did you get your redirects from the old vB URLs to the new XF URLs sorted out?

Looks like some of the old timers there prefer the look & feel of vB but can't quite say what it is exactly they are missing. They'll get used to it as the realize that lighter interface of XF is a benefit and not a negative.

Indeed, clean style. Why don't you have a link in your articles to the forum for reactions/discussion about the news you post/create?

It's a good idea. Hopefully @xfrocks can put it in an update?

Rob (yes, I visited & read all 14 pages of the "Welcome to the new look" thread :p), looks good, a nice clean presentation.

Looks like some of the old timers there prefer the look & feel of vB but can't quite say what it is exactly they are missing. They'll get used to it as the realize that lighter interface of XF is a benefit and not a negative.

Yes all the redirects are now fixed (as far as I know). Hopefully they'll come round to the new interface soon :-)

Rob (yes, I visited & read all 14 pages of the "Welcome to the new look" thread :p), looks good, a nice clean presentation.

I came from VB 3.8 and it does take time for members to catch onto Xenforo, some never will. I am still getting use to it. The site does look good though, I couldn't help reading the "Welcome to the new look thread" also. My members were much more "quite" about the transition. :whistle: :D

Hey nice site. May I ask what Wordress theme you are using? Also is there a reason why you do not use the same menu position in the xenforo portion of the wesbite using a phone vs the wordpress portion? When viewing your site on the WP and Xen areas on my laptop the menus are uniform but with a phone the WP menus is at top but the menu in Xen is at the bottom. Was it not possible to keep the menu at the top with a template edit?

Sorry I ask as I am doing a Vbulletin CMS migration with Xen and wordpress and really want to keep the menu for both that same regardless of device/resolution.

PS

I work at a Ducati Dealership ;-)

Clean and professional look indeed. Well done. Did you manually transfer your WP content into XF threads?
Is it an official forum? For the use of a trademarked brand in a website name is always tricky...

Clean and professional look indeed. Well done. Did you manually transfer your WP content into XF threads?
Is it an official forum? For the use of a trademarked brand in a website name is always tricky...
I didn't bother importing the old content. Will no doubt take a hit on SEO but not too bothered.

Not official so always a risk with trademark but we generate a lot of interest in the brand so have a good relationship.

Since you have direct vendor ads, I would remove the Adsense in the sidebar, it and "latest" run far down beyond the end of your node list leaving a long white space. You could also put latest under the node list to fill in the white gap too. See http://awesomescreenshot.com/0144vdzw72
Thanks - I actually intended to remove the bottom 2 widgets as I was testing yesterday and forgot to remove them. Check it now as it all fits :-)

Cool looking site, not much too red, just enough to catch the eyes. You did a great job.

I see you have similar thread on your site. I've seen many sites using it, but I never know who made this addon, could your point me out please?

Top Bottom