Lack of interest Dropdown menus for admin ACP navigation

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
R

ragtek

It would be cool, if the "topbar navigation" in the acp could also have a "popup menu" on mouseover, like in the frontend.

IMHO it's unnecessery to need always at least 2 clicks to get to the action i want.

acp.webp

I mean, on mouseover of Development (1), open a popup with the links from the menu: "add-on development" "create add-on" install add-on, list add-ons Code Events & Listeners Code Events, Cde Event Listeners, etc...

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I disagree and hope this doesn't get implemented. As a user that never uses the side navigation a transitional effect on the top navigation would be overkill.

Just so I read your request correctly. You want the top menu invisible/hidden until you mouse over that area and it pops down?

no, not invisible.

the menu stays as it is, when i put my mouse over " HOME or USERS or an other tab, it would be cool, if i wouldn't need to load the next page, to see the menu. Instead, it should load directly without a complete page reload.

If you put your mouse over the members tab in the frontpage you see a popup with
Members
Quick Links
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity

This behaviour would be usefull in the backend (admincenter) too

no, not invisible.

the menu stays as it is, when i put my mouse over " HOME or USERS or an other tab, it would be cool, if i wouldn't need to load the next page, to see the menu. Instead, it should load directly without a complete page reload.

If you put your mouse over the members tab in the frontpage you see a popup with

This behaviour would be usefull in the backend (admincenter) too

Ah I thought I misunderstood. :) And, I agree.

Why is this overkill?

You prefer to click several links to get to the page which you need?
It would help when hovering over an inactive acp tab the tab/page would activate automatically. But what's the point of the individual pages if they are completely duplicated in a menu in front of it, this will only distract from the page that is actually linked. And these pages are designed for easy navigation (drawings). Do you get my point?

It would help when hovering over an inactive acp tab the tab/page would activate automatically.
That's what i'm trying to describe with my great english:D
Exactly like in the frontend....
Scroll up, hover "member" and get the popup...
The same should happen in the acp

As i started with xenforo, it was really hard to find what i was searching for in xf acp..
Specially because i didn't know what "appearance" means:D (never heard this word before..)

Oh the way it looks in the front end top nav, e.g. 'Members' and 'Help' with the right side arrow is nice, I agree. But I'd still prefer if the complete page would load on hover.

One of xenforo's characteristics are the fluid dropdown menus. Just point at them and voila, they expand. This is used in the ACP as well, but not with the top navigation items. During the translation of xenforo I need to switch back and forth between navigation items a lot. The longer you do this, the more you realize what a pain this is :) That's why I suggest something like this (it's an edited picture):

ddmenu.webp

I personally would get irritated by that whenever I click on a tab and a dropdown death menu is forced. If the suggestion did come to pass ensure that a arrow widget is added to each tab (like navigations) where you click the right side if you want the tab to pull the dropdown to view sub areas.

!important;

Actually it'd be cool if we could have a Nodes as Tabs to make our own admin dropdowns. Unfortunately Jake has no plans to make this so any chance of someone else making a clone?
I think it would need to protect the existing primary tabs.

I want to add my own dropdowns to them and maybe add another primary for my Favourites.

I do it right now (Nodes as Tabs) with my own Admin tab + selected dropdown links on the frontend t get to all my usual places. But it's a bit crazy to go to frontend to get to an admin page!

Top Bottom