Drop star/you've posted mockup

Shelley

Quite simple really, Drop the star image and use a chat bubble in it's place for the "you've posted". Bare in mind, I'm tired so it seems like a good idea to me. (Mockup below) (updated with the icons floated to the far right)

2a5n8s0.png
1zy8mc9.png
16a70xu.png

Upvote 2
As cool as it is web design-develop wise, I agree, don't show in a UX/UI what isn't needed, when it's not logical to display it. And show it, as the exception to the situation, so you draw attention to it.

Are you saying it is not necessary to have information displayed indicating that
  • you posted to a thread
  • there are new posts in a thread
?

I am saying in regards to the opacity changed status of the image in the third picture mockup not being needed, as it's a state we're not interested in.

I am saying in regards to the opacity changed status of the image in the third picture mockup not being needed, as it's a state we're not interested in.

Gotcha.

I still think it looks better though, and makes things a bit more visually consistent (to me).

The thing is, in UX/UI, the consistency should be (in this case) in the white space, and not in the clutter of it.

I personally feel looking at it more having anything next to the title (on the left just clutters the left hand side. indicators/icons whatever they may be I feel should be thrown to the right. Anything inserted by along the second line would just clutter this area up when text on the left should be easy reading.

I personally like the 2nd mockup (right aligned, no 'faded' icons) the best. I'm guessing this is what Kier is going to change back to... :)

Here's my mockup that I posted to the other thread discussing this same thing:
Green dot on the left = unread. Chat bubble on the right = you have posted in the thread.

mockup-png.343

Green dot on the left = unread. Chat bubble on the right = you have posted in the thread.
<snip>

The green icon is bumping up against the avatar block, and it looks cramped. I would want more space between the avatar, icon, and title, but then threads that don't have the icon would have an awkward gap between the avatar and title.

Like the concept, but it needs adjusting. :)

like i previously said in other thread i thin that the bubbles are perfect, but i don't like the green/blue dots ... i prefer (if is possible) make something around the tiny avatar ... :)

I suggested using the avatar in a thread to denote someone online (background, border, etc.) but it was roundly dismissed so I suspect this idea would be equally as unwelcome.

I suggested using the avatar in a thread to denote someone online (background, border, etc.) but it was roundly dismissed so I suspect this idea would be equally as unwelcome.

It doesn't work for disabled people.

An image should be used, as it'll standout to people who have problems with sight (Elderly and others), and the alt text would be useful for the blind.

I hate to ask but is this now not going to be implemented as the speech bubble is being used to denote new posts as per the other thread?

Or would it be easy to use a different coloured speech bubble (with different alt text) for new posts in threads you've posted in?

Top Bottom