Drop star/you've posted mockup

Shelley

Quite simple really, Drop the star image and use a chat bubble in it's place for the "you've posted". Bare in mind, I'm tired so it seems like a good idea to me. (Mockup below) (updated with the icons floated to the far right)

2a5n8s0.png
1zy8mc9.png
16a70xu.png

Upvote 2
Interesting

On a side note there is also there is a star in the alerts dropdown for new alerts so i guess a star is the new norm for "New Content"

I find the star slightly confusing, and I imagine so would new XF users, because in GMail it's used for another purpose. And it's a yellow star that looks just like the XF star.

But the star does determine that the thread is new or not and not if you've posted in it or not. If that gets added then the star should be replaced with the speech bubble.
Drop the star image and use a chat bubble in it's place for the "you've posted"

But the star does determine that the thread is new or not and not if you've posted in it or not. If that gets added then the star should be replaced with the speech bubble.

AFAIK, the star currently only symbolizes whether or not there are new posts in the thread. So does the boldness of the thread title. It's a bit redundant to have two things convey the same thing. The whole idea is to stop using the star to symbolize new posts (and instead relying on the boldness of the thread title), and to use the speech bubble to signify whether or not you have posted in the thread.

how about (need to think about this) faded speech bubble you've posted and not new. Higher opacity bubble you've posted, new?

how about (need to think about this) faded speech bubble you've posted and not new. Higher opacity bubble you've posted, new?

Not a bad idea.

Edit: I agree ^ that it's not "needed" but if it looks/works/conveys just fine, then I don't see the harm in employing such a method.

Not needed. The bold title is enough to mean "new posts here".

Yeah I prefer the bolded text myself and remove the star (new alternative) completely. but it's looking like it's staying and 50/50 amongst members so I'm merely trying and suggestion alternatives. :)

3rd mock added to the first post in this thread with faded bubble icon. Letting you folks see what it looks like.

I don't like this one, it isn't obvious what I've replied in without paying more attention than need be.

As cool as it is web design-develop wise, I agree, don't show in a UX/UI what isn't needed, when it's not logical to display it. And show it, as the exception to the situation, so you draw attention to it.

Top Bottom