1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Drag and Drop Uploader for Attachments

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Moses, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Vincent, Claudio, dutchbb and 4 others like this.
  2. feldon30

feldon30 Well-Known Member

Requires Flash.

3. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

What about HTML5?

4. James

James Well-Known Member

5. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Well-Known Member

I'd like to add one more support for this request :)

6. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Although I think the XenForo way of attaching images blows every forum package (the dreaded vBulletin product (yes, I am sorry... even the (not dreaded) vB 3.8 product on this matter, but don't get me started on vB4...) comes to mind first) out of the water with it's simplicity, flexibility and user-friendliness (do I need to go on? ;)), I believe dragging/dropping will even add more user-friendliness to the already excellent XF way.

Supported!

7. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

You forgot to [Like]! ;)

8. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Gmail has a feature where you can drag and drop in attachments and they'd be uploaded as part of an attachment in your email. Any chance we can see that for XenForo?

9. Wootalyzer

Wootalyzer Active Member

Continuing XF's commitment to html5 ---

It would be nice if the message posting forms were defined as file drop zones, so that attachments could be dragged from a user's desktop directly into a reply, starting the upload instantly without any file selection dialog.

For a functional example, try dragging an image from your desktop into Google Image Search
    There's some useful code in jquery.fileupload, but it's very bulky and certainly not something you'd want in the xf core. (It even has a dependency from jquery UI - ugh)

Claudio, qpa, Fuhrmann and 1 other person like this.
  10. V33ron

V33ron New Member

I created an account so I could also add support for this request!

11. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

This feature would be so awesome.

12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Implemented in 1.2