1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

DownloadsII

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by maidos, Oct 6, 2010.

1. maidos

maidos Active Member

Andy.N, Alex, gib and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mythotical

Mythotical Well-Known Member

I am currently converting my Download mod, it isn't DownloadsII but I'm sure it will meet various expectations. What about DownloadsII makes you want it?

gib likes this.
  3. maidos

maidos Active Member

as i currently have 100 000 files on downloadsII i really need a convert to xenforo from downloadsII vb mods

4. Mythotical

I can build a convert script to go with my download system. It will take sometime but I should have it out in a week or so. I'm hoping to have it out in about 3 to 4 days.

maidos likes this.
  5. Vicros

Vicros Active Member

I too like to have downloads. Keep us posted Steve.

6. maidos

maidos Active Member

i look forward to your script, will it be open source?

7. Mythotical

For now the download system I release will be open source for XenForo customers only.

JadedHeart and Dodgeboard like this.
  8. maidos

maidos Active Member

cool. but a bit got my confused you said only xenforo customers only does it indicate that the download system is third party script and is not integrated to the xenforo system

9. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

That would be the idea. Not so much the not intergrated part. Much like forum software, it would be an addon.

10. Mythotical

No, what I mean is that only those with active licenses can download my download system and use it to import from another download system. If you have an active license then it will be open source for those customers holding an active license.

Michael Dance likes this.
  11. Wired

Wired Active Member

How are you going to prove they have an active license?

12. Mythotical

LOL only those who are licensed can download addons from the forums here.

JadedHeart likes this.
  13. JoshD

JoshD New Member

Thanks for working on it, Steve! I'm eagerly anticipating a downloads system as well.

14. Bram

Bram Well-Known Member

Downloads system is very much needed. Second that. Thanks you guys are on it already! Proper Job!!

15. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

A downloads system would put us that much closer to being able to convert our current main site to xf.

16. Alex

Alex Active Member

Likewise it's something we'd really need to have before we could entertain the idea of a switch over

17. Darkman

Darkman Member

Looking forward to seeing your mod Maidos. This is something I really need.

18. Mythotical

Maidos isn't creating a download system. I am

19. Darkman

Darkman Member

:oops: Ooops, Sorry! Must have misread or something....

20. gib

gib Active Member

Downloads II is really good for my existing VB4 site, as I can upload/download any size of file on a shared host :)