• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

DownloadsII

lol funny how you assume i would be the one to create the download mods lol
indeed its great that steve is creating downloads and an import from downloadsII
its a shame rsjelle the author of dowloadsII is ignoring my pms and reply there if he could consider making one for xenforo :(

Did the product author patched the files against the nullbyte exploit, released by ex.ploit team since April 2010? If not, I could hack your forums in no time, just by uploading a script file named "hackme.php%00.jpg". This works on both vB3 and vB4.

I did not visit vb.org for a very long time, I just saw the "DownloadsII" name and remembered there was an exploit.

Unfortunately, no. I (TECK) was banned on all vBulletin forums by Ray Morgan for a long time.
Recently, Steve Machol (who is a real professional) unbanned me.

I'd like it anyway, depending on what it will be like.

I tried downloads II once and I found it quite hard to use, it had so many options and stuff you had to configure to use it.. ah well. I'm curious what you'll make of it.

I don't know if Jelle is going to release Downloads II for xf or not but I believe that DB-Tech is going to work on porting their downloads mod over eventually.

Hmm let me throw in my 2 cents, I am willing to pay for a download section add on. Im not sure if I can release my new site without a download section.

ps: if anyone has come up with a workaround that looks goods please let me know .My members need their downloads

fantastic news, i do hope you can develope a feature to allow us to upload files from different storage type
the biggest disadvantage with downloadsII is that if webmaster go big with the mods and only have example 3x 500gb you have little choice to do much. with downloadsII i have one 500gb that is almost full and members uploaded the file to the server which unfortunately was directed to my one 500 gb while leaving my other two 500 gb collecting dust
so what i did was just simply deleting 250gb files and ftp moved those 250gb files manually to my second and third hdd and the worst part was that i had to manually link all those 250gb files on my own. so i plead you to implement a good features that allows admin to select the location of the storage. example on admin control panel i can enter hard path /home/domain/hdd2 /home/domain/hdd3 so when members upload they get two option of which storage to upload at

For those of you interested, I have just started work on xFDownloads :)

- David

indeed, downloadsII is the only way that prevent me from converting to xenforo
so hopefully when xfdownloads get release i can port it over :)

Top Bottom