1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Downloads System

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Matthew2D, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

I really can't believe nobody has made a downloads system for XenForo yet. I want it to have categories, grid listing, featured download, star rating, top download authors, and comments.

2. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Probably because of the impending release of the Resource Manager.

3. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Yeah, but how long is that going to take? And it's obviously going to cost money

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

A well made download system should cost money too, just saying...

Sylar likes this.
  5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

surfsup likes this.
  6. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

It's $60. I don't have that kind of money right now. XD

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Sell something.

8. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

LOL. I don't have anything to sell...well i have a LOT of domains...Anyways I don't think it lets users submit downloads.

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yes it does if you add them to the sellers usergroup

10. X_Plaza

X_Plaza Active Member

Nobody can do that ?

11. TheBoss

TheBoss Well-Known Member

There is a very good and powerful Download Script that is Free and it can be configured to just about any setting you like...
    It is an old script last updated in 2009, but why alter something thats working great as it is I say...
    One down side is it looks very vBulletin-ish.. The script is called PHCDownload by phpCredo it can be installed manually or by its own airs installer..

Someone could no doubt make a login bridge for xenforo..

Regards...

12. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Know another one?

13. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

The RM would not replace something like Downloads II.

14. TheBoss

TheBoss Well-Known Member

In my humble opinion PHCDownload is far superior to Downloads II even taking into account its not a plugin or addon, which is my personal preference anyway as it makes any restore after a hard drive failure at the data center a lot easier. And yes you guessed it by that last statement it did happen to me..

Regards..