• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Downloads Plugin

Will I be able to download downloads2 (no pun intended) legally without a vbull license? If not I will have to work with someone with it to get the database and file structure to make the importer. I am flooded with work at the moment so no promises for anything.

I guess that makes perfect sense to first release the addon and then hopefully an importer, since many people would be waiting to port over their DownloadsII files per se.

@ Robbo: Honestly, I'm not sure about that.:confused:

rsjelle approved that robbo can use the donwloadsII as a reference to make an import mod. also mentioned that i should only give the downloadsII privately. robbo, i pmed you the downloadsII mods now :)

Ok well I never thought some things through as much as I could and it is going to take a little longer than expected. The section where you add a download will work similar to attachments on the forums. Upload a file or select from a list and tehn it will show like attachments. Then you can upload up to 3 images just like uploading attachments and select one to be the main image for your mod and its thumbnail will be used on the download list page.

The above will take a while as I will have to perfect the JS effects (as I am a perfectionist... not a good thing a lot of the time) and I will have to dive into XenForo and work out how it does its flash uploading.

It will be recommended that files are uploaded via FTP and then selected from the app from a dropdown.

Well anyone with the ability to upload stuff will be able to do damage anyway. I don't see why said people wouldn't be allowed ftp access? This isn't for your average user, your webadmin would be expected to add the files. However you will still be able to upload via the mod but PHP is very limiting and FTP will be much faster. Anyways, you will see when it is done.

I'm not restricting files to be uploaded. Being able to upload is for trusted users only.

i got like 1400 average contributors who upload files daily on downloadsII, of course we moderate the files before approving and have antivirusvirus taht scan the files... but i do hope your mods wont restrict for that purpose?
indeed php has some limits but that can be arranged by changing the php upload size on htaccess, after that my members can upload up to 500 mb files which is the max size i allow them.
other way of uploading is perl.... so why not prefer that method, as perl also shows estimated time left to upload, total time, and current upload speed
theres already a finihsed upload script for that, it would be immense valuable feature if you were able to integrate to your mod if that was possible
http://uber-uploader.sourceforge.net/

i got like 1400 average contributors who upload files daily on downloadsII, of course we moderate the files before approving and have antivirusvirus taht scan the files... but i do hope your mods wont restrict for that purpose?
indeed php has some limits but that can be arranged by changing the php upload size on htaccess, after that my members can upload up to 500 mb files which is the max size i allow them.
other way of uploading is perl.... so why not prefer that method, as perl also shows estimated time left to upload, total time, and current upload speed
theres already a finihsed upload script for that, it would be immense valuable feature if you were able to integrate to your mod if that was possible
http://uber-uploader.sourceforge.net/
That would be something you would either have to modify the lite downloads mod to do securely or just wait for the full version. The full version will be much better for large scale, lite version is just a simple downloads mod... nothing special.

i can pay for the full version as long as the price is reasonable.
but about my comment regarding the uber uploader would you consider adding it on lite/full version?
it does its job with uploading files and informing you the speed etc and also saves you time coding on your own aswell

Top Bottom