1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloaded Demo // can't post photos

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by hlc, Jul 20, 2013.

1. hlc

hlc New Member

Hello. I'm interested in setting up a xf forum. I just purchased vb 5 and I regret it a little bit given the apparent bugs, etc. One of the more important features for the forum, regardless of the software, will be the ability of users to post photos easily. I downloaded the xf demo and while I enjoyed it overall, I got a error message when I tried to post a photo. Is that error just something specific to the demo version, or is that a bug I should expect to encounter if I purchase the software?

Many thanks

2. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

It would help if you told us the error.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you post the link to your demo?

4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Do you mean you set up a demo site via http://xenforo.com/demo/ ?

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Curios as to where you "downloaded" the demo from. As far as I know it's only hosted here. You can post images in an attachment easily, but to do a gallery it will take an add-on (I personally use @Chris Deeming Xen Media Gallery).

Chris D likes this.
  6. hlc

hlc New Member

Thanks for the replies. I tried this last night and could not attach file. I tried it again, just now, so I could cut and paste the error message here, and...it works now. Not sure what the issue was.

7. hlc

hlc New Member

I think I know what I did. I attached a file but failed to include text. I got this message

The following error occurred:
    Please enter a valid message.

and I attributed it to the photo, rather than the text...

False alarm--my b

8. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I'm curious too. @hlc ?

9. hlc

hlc New Member

I just clicked "try free demo" on the front page...I guess that is not a download...I meant that I tried the demo.

hlc

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This is not a test thread @thomas ortiz.

Use the test forum for posts such as that.

11. thomas ortiz

thomas ortiz New Member

Thank you and ok.