Downloaded Demo // can't post photos

hlc

Hello. I'm interested in setting up a xf forum. I just purchased vb 5 and I regret it a little bit given the apparent bugs, etc. One of the more important features for the forum, regardless of the software, will be the ability of users to post photos easily. I downloaded the xf demo and while I enjoyed it overall, I got a error message when I tried to post a photo. Is that error just something specific to the demo version, or is that a bug I should expect to encounter if I purchase the software?

Many thanks

Hello. I'm interested in setting up a xf forum. I just purchased vb 5 and I regret it a little bit given the apparent bugs, etc. One of the more important features for the forum, regardless of the software, will be the ability of users to post photos easily. I downloaded the xf demo and while I enjoyed it overall, I got a error message when I tried to post a photo. Is that error just something specific to the demo version, or is that a bug I should expect to encounter if I purchase the software?

Many thanks
Do you mean you set up a demo site via http://xenforo.com/demo/ ?

Thanks for the replies. I tried this last night and could not attach file. I tried it again, just now, so I could cut and paste the error message here, and...it works now. Not sure what the issue was.

I think I know what I did. I attached a file but failed to include text. I got this message

The following error occurred:
Please enter a valid message.

and I attributed it to the photo, rather than the text...

False alarm--my b

Top Bottom