Doubleclick For Publishers

Spartan

I’d like to know if anyone here has used DFP and believes it’s worth using. I use three ad vendors, and two of them are down 80% compared to 2016.

I have a couple more questions, but I figured I’d start with asking for an overall impression.

DFP is basically AdSense and AdSense also tends to go down each month. It is not easy to live from ad revenue in these times with mobile majority, ad-blockers and price sensitive advertisers...

Any suggestions for vendors? My Adsense ads are still doing fine, but OpenX has crashed, and I’m looking for a couple alternatives.

I use DFP and have been very happy with the results. I use it for direct paid ads and back fill with adsence.

I also use adsense directly. The biggest advantage to using DFP and Adsense is that you can show more than 3 ads of the same type but I have recently changed my strategy a bit on that. I currently have 4 slots with DFP. 1 header, 2 sidebar, 1 footer. I then use adsense responsive text ads 1 header, 1 after first post, 1 footer and 1 300x250 in another location.

Guest see the most ads (they are the money makers :) ), regular members see a few less, donating members do see any ads. This strategy has worked very well for my but has taken a few years of fine tuning.

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom