XF 2.2 double posts on 2.2.4

downloadio

Hello,

Anyone experience issues with double posts after updating to v2.2.4?

Users are now posting everything twice as they are not aware the post saved. The only way to see a newly added post is refresh.

TIA

I have seen a few double posts recently but I'm not convinced it's a Xenforo issue. Seems to happen more or maybe only with mobile users, which would tend to indicate slow browser connections.

Users are now posting everything twice as they are not aware the post saved. The only way to see a newly added post is refresh.
That's not happening for me at all.

Sounds more like a server and/or ISP issue than a Xenforo issue.

I see a few double posts but not really any more than normal after v2.2.4. The ones I see are often 3 or 4 minutes later. I wonder whether there is an option I've missed (like vBulletin had I think?) that would stop this?

I'm on desktop personally, and it happens on forum replies. I noticed it does not happen when messaging users.
And it is not random, I have to refresh to see a new reply and i've heard the same from key users.

@djbaxter Server causing a front-end failure seems rather odd. ISP has nothing to do with anything.

test on chrome, edge same issue
  • click post reply
  • triggers scroll to top (not refresh)
  • manually scroll down, post reply not visible
  • refresh, post reply is visible
I guess I'll just keep randomly testing ****.

Not internet, silly, we are not using dial up.
Dedicated Server, overkill by far.
Raid 0 SSD MySQL 8.

Given data is stored instantly, its not backend. Any issue on backend would trigger a log, error, or something trackable.

It’s something unique to your site/server setup.

If this is reliably reproducible, you might be better off submitting a ticket with XF ACP and phpMyAdmin (or cPanel) access.

Top Bottom