XF 1.5 Keyboard Issues writing posts on mobile phones XF1.5

Sim

Started to get a few comments from regular forum users that they are seeing some issues writing posts on Android phones.

I've not experienced that myself - although I'm generally a desktop user rather than a phone user, but I can't reproduce any issues myself yet, even though I'm also using Android.

Forum is still running XF 1.5

Anyone else noticing any complaints or issues lately?

Do you have a link to the thread?

Is that v1.5 specific or v2.x, because I'm pretty sure that the editor used in v2.x is very different?

Yes, its the Samsung browser
Do you have a link to the thread?

Is that v1.5 specific or v2.x, because I'm pretty sure that the editor used in v2.x is very different?

They both pertain to XF 2.x.

The editor in 1.5 is different. That being said, if Samsung Browser is the common denominator then it's not completely beyond the realms of possibility that Samsung Browser simply struggles with contenteditable elements which is basically how all rich text editors work.

It would be good to see if it only affects users using the Samsung Browser and what version they are running.

Reactions: Sim
Still waiting on more feedback - but it does seem to be mostly Samsung browser users reporting issues. Will try and get version info.

Top Bottom