Cannot reproduce double posts in Private Conversation

erich37

I see quite often double posts of other conversation-participants when having a Private Conversation here at this very website xenforo.com

when refreshing the page, the double-post is gone.

Not sure where the issue is coming from ?

Using Firefox-version 19.0.2

:confused:

I just received an answer in a "Private Conversation" and this answer showed up twice.
I recognized that the blue-colored indicator named "New" is not showing at the post which is double.

this might give you an idea as to where the issue is coming from ?

double-post-in-private-conversation.webp

Is that what you saw when you went to the PC? Do you think you could send me the URL for the PC?

I have noticed that when submitting an AJAX reply to a PM sometimes the AJAX-loaded recent posts will load a post that is already on the page. And of course refreshing the page fixes it. Is that what you are talking about?

I have never bothered trying to track down this problem.

It happens when I am in the convo... refresh, a new one is there.

When I reply, a second one is listed (not new, identical to the one I am replying to), and then my reply shows up.

I have received it, though I still don't know how it could happen when you just load a PM. If you've just replied to it, then I understand it -- which is what Stewart has produced.

I did not "load" (refresh) the PM-page, in fact I was at the "Private Conversation"-page when I received the double-post from the other conversation-participant.

I'm not able to reproduce this and I don't see a bug in the code jumping out.

Stewart could only reproduce it in FF and not Chrome. I'm not able to produce it in either. Can anyone else reproduce this with any consistency? If you can do it here, the most useful thing would be to know the ID (or URL) of the conversation and for the value of this hidden input in the source before you replied:
Rich (BB code):
<inputtype="hidden" name="last_date" value="value here" />

You can it reproduce with a extreme serverload and FF only.
The user is waiting for AJAX and click and click and click again.
Therefore it's NO bug. It's a Server-Issue

Top Bottom