Cannot reproduce double posts in Private Conversation

anyway, it is not a big issue and not a deal breaker.
IMHO, mark it as "Future Fix" (or whatever) and let it be good for now.

There is other and more important stuff
:)

I can verify this does happen. If the page forces a reload for any reason then it will do a double post.

Reproduction process:
Post a reply
Refresh page
Look at double post

If you refresh again it will go away or if you go back to the PC list and then click back into it then it will go back to normal.

It certainly seems to be FF related - none of us have been able to reproduce it in Chrome and the only reports of it are with FF.

I can only reproduce it if I open firebug before a page loads, if I open firebug after the page has loaded it has no problem. Oddly enough I can't reproduce it in a convo here for some reason only on my server though that may have to do with the fact that i must wait x time between convo msgs here.

I am wondering why there are double-posts in the "Private Conversations", but not in "Forum-discussions" ?
Isn't it actually the same code-base ?

I thought that PC's are actually very similar to "Threads" ?

Anyway, I am most probably wrong :confused:

I too use Firefox.

I have tried to recreate the problem without success. =\

I do remember that the duplicates were by way of AJAX-loaded recent posts. I will keep trying.

lightshot.webp

This is still happening.

On this one, I saw the new message in email, checked the PM (was already inside the conversation in my browser), read it. Replied. Hit Post Reply or whatever. Once it automatically refreshed, the first post was still shown as "new", the second post (identical to the first) was not shown as new, and my reply was marked as new.

I have had this happen a couple of different times in the past couple of weeks.

This was message #3, #4, #5.
~400 total Private Conversations in my inbox.

Its strange though, once you exit that page, and go back in, all the duplicate messages are gone. Looks like a normal conversation.

It's still not something that I can reproduce. Load up a conversation with new posts, replying and I only get my message (as expected).

The email itself shouldn't be related - at least I don't see how it could be. The posts that are loaded are based on the last shown message so that value must be wrong. @Sheldon, do you want to start a PM with me to see if you can reproduce it there? I might need some sort of network capture to see what happens to the last_date.

That said, if I can't reproduce it, debugging will definitely be a challenge.

The email just let me know I had a new message. I was already in the conversation, so I just hit " refresh" and the new one appeared. I then replied, like normal, and hit submit. One done, the screen auto refreshed and gave the image I showed above. I'm certain the email had nothing to do with it.

Top Bottom