Dont "View thread content" temporary and Google

Robert9

I have a client who changes the "View thread content" to "no" two times in a month for two or three days.
Everytime he has 100 till 80 more new registered users per day.
When he does this a whole week you can see how the numbers goes down like
~ 100, 90, 70, ... finally to 30/40 a day

He likes to see, how many new people are there, but too lazy to register without to push them to.

But is there maybe any problem with Google, when pages are not reachable for a day or two or a whole week?

We also found out that Google analytics makes the page much, much slower.
When doeing some speedtests with Google for example, we got much higher percentage without.
So we have decided to count the visitors only one time in a month for some days.

Does someone knows if Google punishes a page, when not using their analytics system?

I bet you'll also find those extra members that join purely just to read things don't contribute much. They are just lurkers with accounts, not part of the community.

Last edited:
I have a client who changes the "View thread content" to "no" two times in a month for two or three days.
Everytime he has 100 till 80 more new registered users per day.
When he does this a whole week you can see how the numbers goes down like
~ 100, 90, 70, ... finally to 30/40 a day

He likes to see, how many new people are there, but too lazy to register without to push them to.

But is there maybe any problem with Google, when pages are not reachable for a day or two or a whole week?

We also found out that Google analytics makes the page much, much slower.
When doeing some speedtests with Google for example, we got much higher percentage without.
So we have decided to count the visitors only one time in a month for some days.

Does someone knows if Google punishes a page, when not using their analytics system?
One thing they could try is an addon that shows the first x number of posts only to guests

Dear wonderful, people. I am really sorry for my bad english. :(
My one and only question is:

Is there maybe any problem with Google, when pages are not reachable for a day or two in a month?

Top Bottom