XF 2.2 Don't force terms and rules agreement on signup

frm

Is there an admin option to make it where I can turn off the force rules checkbox?

I'm trying to streamline signing up and want to remove the checkbox/forced option to make a template edit such as "By clicking sign up, you are agreeing to the terms and privacy policy."

Also, does anybody know if this breaks any laws or not recommended to do as I may end up checking it, hiding it, and making the template edit if not possible?

Thanks

Looks like this is illegal/unenforceable unless they agree to it somehow.

I will use method #5 to streamline the signup process and break it into two.

On email confirmation, they will have to agree to the terms of service there or their account will essentially stay unverified. I figure this route can also trick bots as agreeing to the terms could be a custom field that is attached to a user group promotion. If the new field, say tosAccept is defeated with a checkbox, I'll change the name to acceptTOS with radio buttons, drop downs, etc., stating all different things such as "I do", "Yes", "Agree" and the negative, which won't let them continue using, obviously. Once I see bots get through, I will run user group promotions myself to get them in a new group besides on a cron/near automatic, and swap out the signup terms box to even try #4 (a scroll through) agree.

You can use 4 method with my add-on (has option to hide checkbox)
But as first sign-up step

You can use 4 method with my add-on (has option to hide checkbox)
But as first sign-up step
That looks ideal and might accomplish what I want. Just have a question which I'll post in its add on discussion.

Top Bottom