Donations

Donations 1.5

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Donations - Creates a Donation tab in the navigation bar.

Description:

Creates a Donation tab in the navigation bar.

(Example of Donation tab and page)

View attachment 74520
Features:
  • Donations page only shown to logged in members.
  • All phrases start with donations_ for your convenience.
Installation:
  1. Download donationsr_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
  3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page....

Read more about this resource...

I will check it out. Thanks! Will this interfere with my User Upgrade settings (also using Paypal and IPN)?

Great add-on, however how would I change where the donations tab appears on the navbar? or if I were to install the a navigation manager addon how would I disable the tab in order to create one in the navigation manager.

Thanks

@AndyB Still using your mod, however, I'd like to know how to change the name of the navbar *tab* from "Donations" to something of my choosing. Thanks!

Reactions: CNK
@AndyB Still using your mod, however, I'd like to know how to change the name of the navbar *tab* from "Donations" to something of my choosing. Thanks!

Tools > Search in Phrases > Text Contains, type in Donations > Search > choose donations_donations and change Phrase Text to what you want > Save Phrase

I tried that and it seemed to only change the text inside the donation page, not the tab itself...

How exactly is it approached? I am trying to remove the navtab so I can link to the page in another fashion but can't find the code within andy_donations to do so.

Can this be used with a personal PayPal account?

The reason I ask is (see screenshot) I saw this in a other Donation add-on.

Wondering why can't one use a personal account and/or is that add-on out-of-date.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-07-17 at 12.59.41 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-07-17 at 12.59.41 PM.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: TJA
Thanks for the add-on. All is working well for us except that my users get logged out as soon as they hit the Donations tab. Any known fixes for that?

Can this be done @AndyB ? =) Great addon, but would love a few more features! Also perhaps sidebar widget for CTA/Xenporta 2?

Thanks.

This is basically asking him to create a full blown donation plugin which this isn't. To do goals you need to create an interface to have the user specify the amount and send it to PayPal as well as log this. Then have a callback for PayPal to hit when they actually donate so you can confirm it happened and then add it to the goal. Not to mention the sites PayPal needs to be upgraded for IPN support.

Even if Andy does this it would be a separate add-on. Knowing him he likes to keep it simple and close to what he wants for his own site. We need more donation addons for sure but I wouldn't hold my breath either.

is it possible to let guests see the donation page?

if not possible,

or at least see the donation page but not the button?

Top Bottom