1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donations 1.4

Creates a PayPal donation tab for your forum.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Donations - Creates a Donation tab in the navigation bar.

Read more about this resource...
  2. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

I will check it out. Thanks! Will this interfere with my User Upgrade settings (also using Paypal and IPN)?
  3. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

It would be nice if we could set goals with a bar or something.
  4. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member

Great add-on, however how would I change where the donations tab appears on the navbar? or if I were to install the a navigation manager addon how would I disable the tab in order to create one in the navigation manager.

5. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

@AndyB Still using your mod, however, I'd like to know how to change the name of the navbar *tab* from "Donations" to something of my choosing. Thanks!
    CNK likes this.
  6. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member

Tools > Search in Phrases > Text Contains, type in Donations > Search > choose donations_donations and change Phrase Text to what you want > Save Phrase
  7. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

I tried that and it seemed to only change the text inside the donation page, not the tab itself...
  8. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member

My bad zoldos, apologies, was assuming it worked similar to vbulletin, xenforo newbie here :D
    Dan Hawkins likes this.
  9. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

No you are good, and that would have been my answer as well but the mod author approached it a tad differently. No worries! :)
  10. iDreamTheater

iDreamTheater Member

How exactly is it approached? I am trying to remove the navtab so I can link to the page in another fashion but can't find the code within andy_donations to do so.
  11. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

Can this be used with a personal PayPal account?

The reason I ask is (see screenshot) I saw this in a other Donation add-on.

Wondering why can't one use a personal account and/or is that add-on out-of-date.

Attached Files:

12. nap

nap Member

Like to Change "DONATIONS" in navbar to my own language. Can't find that phrase..
  13. oO5 Dynasty

oO5 Dynasty Active Member

Do you have a version for 1.2 Boards?
  14. New Joe

New Joe Active Member

Me too, I'd like to move it around, but cant find out how to do so.
  15. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member

New Joe likes this.
  16. New Joe

New Joe Active Member

Wonderful, what a great add on you listed there and after installing it i was able to do exactly what I needed
    Many thanks
    TJA likes this.
  17. shinyfirefly

shinyfirefly Member

Thanks for the add-on. All is working well for us except that my users get logged out as soon as they hit the Donations tab. Any known fixes for that?
  18. Frode789

Frode789 Active Member

Can this be done @AndyB ? =) Great addon, but would love a few more features! Also perhaps sidebar widget for CTA/Xenporta 2?

19. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

This is basically asking him to create a full blown donation plugin which this isn't. To do goals you need to create an interface to have the user specify the amount and send it to PayPal as well as log this. Then have a callback for PayPal to hit when they actually donate so you can confirm it happened and then add it to the goal. Not to mention the sites PayPal needs to be upgraded for IPN support.

Even if Andy does this it would be a separate add-on. Knowing him he likes to keep it simple and close to what he wants for his own site. We need more donation addons for sure but I wouldn't hold my breath either.
    AndyB likes this.
  20. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

is it possible to let guests see the donation page?

if not possible,

or at least see the donation page but not the button?