Donation Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

Sadly no. I already begged a lot for that simple XML file but it's hopeless. :(
Your constant complaining has gotten results.
https://github.com/robclancy/xf-don.../develop/library/Robbo/DonationManagerSidebar

There is no XML file involved at all though, don't know what gave you that impression. I have it fully tested and working for the most part on the widget framework and it was a BIG pain to get working, lots of spaghetti code to dig through to work out what the hell was going on. I will never recommend anyone use the widget framework.

A Donation Manager release will be coming out soon which addresses bugs and adds some information to help debug PayPal issues. Soon after this Donation Manager Sidebar will be released which will work with the widget framework and xenporta. However it will be given minimal support.

Your constant complaining has gotten results.
https://github.com/robclancy/xf-don.../develop/library/Robbo/DonationManagerSidebar

There is no XML file involved at all though, don't know what gave you that impression. I have it fully tested and working for the most part on the widget framework and it was a BIG pain to get working, lots of spaghetti code to dig through to work out what the hell was going on. I will never recommend anyone use the widget framework.

A Donation Manager release will be coming out soon which addresses bugs and adds some information to help debug PayPal issues. Soon after this Donation Manager Sidebar will be released which will work with the widget framework and xenporta. However it will be given minimal support.
Oh well in the forum owner side one xml file we import that does everything, i did not noticed all the files requiring edits. But thanks for your work on this, i will get this add-on in my to-buy list so when new version it's released i get it working in our site. :)

Okay another update. After looking through XenPorta, and even after getting past the fact it is some of the worst code I have ever seen, I will not be supporting it. You are very limited with how you make blocks with it, so much so that it isn't worth the hassle. After looking at that add-on it is safe to say I will be making my own portal in the future.

@Robbo i also avoid xenporta blocks, hopefully i can set the framework to display them in the xenporta page, so i disabled all the blocks that i could replace. :)

Is there a way to change the icon in the side bar for the donations to the current goal? The coin dropping in looks hokey and many of the users have no clue what it is. If we had a display of the current goal that would be a lot better.

I would never add some tacky coin icon lol. If you are talking about the widget framework one there will be my own blocks made for it. They are actually done I just haven't packaged them. I will release as an attachment here tomorrow and sort out a proper release down the line.

Okay another update. After looking through XenPorta, and even after getting past the fact it is some of the worst code I have ever seen, I will not be supporting it. You are very limited with how you make blocks with it, so much so that it isn't worth the hassle. After looking at that add-on it is safe to say I will be making my own portal in the future.

I guess there's a trade-off for superb code that takes 3 years to developement and something that works and is available.

I guess there's a trade-off for superb code that takes 3 years to developement and something that works and is available.
Works being a weird term to use here. Maybe if you are one of the lucky ones. But nice indirect shot at me.

Works being a weird term to use here. Maybe if you are one of the lucky ones. But nice indirect shot at me.

It wasn't indirect. You were pretty rude about two of the most popular addons here. I think that's a bit of a cheek from you after the whole gallery debacle.

I'll leave it at that as it's not worth being drawn into an argument. Good luck with your portal :-)

I encountered a bug.

Say that you have two goals, A and B.

If a user makes a mistake and donates towards A instead of B, and I change the donation goal through the admin panel > "Edit Donation Entry". It won't update the progress bars of the newly set goal?

The next release is locked as is pending some testing so that won't be fixed in it. However I have added it to our list for the next release, thanks for the report.

Found a small bug:

Browsing to another page of a donation goal is not possible.

A donation goal is hosted on www.domain.com/goals/donation-goal.1/
If the donation goal had multiple entries, you could click on 'Show all donations for this goal'.
This would bring you to www.domain.com/goals/donation-goal.1/donations
In the case that it breaks down into pages, clicking on the number or the "Next>" button, would make the user redirect to http://www.domain.com/donations?page=2
While it should be http://www.domain.com/goals/donation-goal.1/donations?page=2

Okay thanks, added to the list. If it doesn't get fixed in the pending release then it will soon after in a bug fix release.

Hmm then I'd need a way to display the most recent donations, can I put a frame in a xenporta block and lock it so they can't move it?

I will not support XenPorta. I can't make blocks for it which are maintainable. It just isn't feasible. I tried to do it and after seeing how it all works it would be way more work than it is worth to keep it working. I will soon be releasing support for the widget framework though.

Hmm then I'd need a way to display the most recent donations, can I put a frame in a xenporta block and lock it so they can't move it?
I recommend use the widget framework for blocky stuff, i replaced most of Xenporta with the widgets, and then you can make widgets appearing in the portal page, in many positions but not using the xenporta ones.

Top Bottom