Donation Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

Considering if you get this add-on you should have your money back at least within 2 months I think you are getting a bargain. This add-on works 100% with those add-ons, it works exactly the same as without. However those add-ons manipulate XenForo's sidebar and remove my changes to it. I am not supporting poorly coded add-ons to increase maintenance by a lot. Someone released an add-on for the widget framework to show the donation manager widget. I will be releasing more add-ons in future to replace the widget framework and portal probably so that I can maintain on a good code base.
I don't exactly know why the framework acts like that. What i know is that you are surely loosing buyers, including me, that use the framework since there is no alternative in Xenforo/Addons to do such thing... Because we know we will get limited, the sidebar is really important for people notice the goals, donations and say "hey i want to be at that list", also with the framework it can use tabs what is great for make the 3 sidebars grouped.

Since like i said, we have no alternatives yet, you may be working on some what looks interesting, i believe if you create the xml file to make it compatible to the framework (what far i saw it's not hard for who have knowledge like you) = me as a buyer to support this add-on, and probably others. It only needs maintenance when you do chances to the sidebar blocks (template stuff).

Well, i did not lost my hope yet, so i still hope. :)
Sorry my English

For some reason I never got notified of replies here sorry.

Can you try run the cron job manually to see if it will do the reset?

Cron jobs can be hit and miss a lot of the time, I will see if I can handle them being done a bit better, fairly sure I was able to get user upgrades to update straight away.

There is a possibility that this doesn't work in 5.2 now and future versions will not. Refunds will be available for those who can't use this because of 5.2. However I strongly suggest you stop using whatever ****ty host you are on which is on software that is 4 years old. I can help you locate a new host, I can probably even find a cheaper solution unless it is insanely cheap what you are on. I can also find someone to help you move host.

Did you make the goal a featured goal and are you using an add-on that modifies the sidebar?

Turns out my first reply above is now a non issue heh. Can you check the server error log from within the ACP for the actual error? Saying 500 error doesn't give me a thing to go on.

XenPorta overwrites a file I use with PayPal, you will need to re-upload the donation manager.

Considering if you get this add-on you should have your money back at least within 2 months I think you are getting a bargain. This add-on works 100% with those add-ons, it works exactly the same as without. However those add-ons manipulate XenForo's sidebar and remove my changes to it. I am not supporting poorly coded add-ons to increase maintenance by a lot. Someone released an add-on for the widget framework to show the donation manager widget. I will be releasing more add-ons in future to replace the widget framework and portal probably so that I can maintain on a good code base.

Do you have any errors in the server error log. Can you do a file health check and also any other information you think might be helpful.

1. donation_callback.php File does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/Merc/DonationManager/FileSums.php File does not contain expected contents.
  3. library/Merc/DonationManager/Listener.php File does not contain expected contents.

It randomly started working!
Not for me... Just purchased and installed. Sidebar won't show up. Also health check says:
  1. library/Merc/DonationManager/FileSums.php File does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/Merc/DonationManager/Listener.php File does not contain expected contents.

I don't exactly know why the framework acts like that. What i know is that you are surely loosing buyers, including me, that use the framework since there is no alternative in Xenforo/Addons to do such thing... Because we know we will get limited, the sidebar is really important for people notice the goals, donations and say "hey i want to be at that list", also with the framework it can use tabs what is great for make the 3 sidebars grouped.

Since like i said, we have no alternatives yet, you may be working on some what looks interesting, i believe if you create the xml file to make it compatible to the framework (what far i saw it's not hard for who have knowledge like you) = me as a buyer to support this add-on, and probably others. It only needs maintenance when you do chances to the sidebar blocks (template stuff).

Well, i did not lost my hope yet, so i still hope. :)
Sorry my English
Pretty sure there is an add-on out there to use this with the widget framework...

1. donation_callback.php File does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/Merc/DonationManager/FileSums.php File does not contain expected contents.
  3. library/Merc/DonationManager/Listener.php File does not contain expected contents.
Could you re-upload the donation manager just to make sure, I think the callback might have been overwritten by another add-on. If that doesn't help solve your issues we will need to further debug.

It randomly started working!
Either cron jobs were needing to run or PayPal was being a *****. PayPal is the source of 90% of issues with this add-on. I will have better PayPal integration as soon as I can (including other payment gateways).

Not for me... Just purchased and installed. Sidebar won't show up. Also health check says:
  1. library/Merc/DonationManager/FileSums.php File does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/Merc/DonationManager/Listener.php File does not contain expected contents.
Are you using any software to display the sidebar? Also do you have goals set as featured?

Pretty sure there is an add-on out there to use this with the widget framework...
Sadly paid and unsupported , surely in your next version if you make changes to the sidebar, since you don't want and the add-on is unsupported, it's the same story all over again. Sigh this is why i hate modders, we easily get stuck and limited unless things are supported officially. :(

Anyway thanks for your replies, i was looking in both add-ons Showcase and Donations since i can't buy both, i will go for showcase since it's compatible, in the future i may give a look again if the widget block as said unsupported is updated.

Last edited:
Sadly paid and unsupported , surely in your next version if you make changes to the sidebar, since you don't want and the add-on is unsupported, it's the same story all over again. Sigh this is why i hate modders, we easily get stuck and limited unless things are supported officially. :(

Anyway thanks for your replies, i was looking in both add-ons Showcase and Donations since i can't buy both, i will go for showcase since it's compatible, in the future i may give a look again if the widget block as said unsupported is updated.
I am trying to get a lot of things done now. When I have my sidebar manager out (which will be free) I will add all the things to it. If there is something you need I add it in some way. A lot of my add-ons get requests to move things around in the sidebar and adding in those options just feels wrong especially when things can change and mess them up. So the idea is I put by default the sidebar blocks where I think they are best suited and then if someone wants to move them around they use my sidebar manager. I am trying to make it smart with detecting other kinds of blocks, adding natively or with other add-ons. It isn't a priority right now though.

Are you using any software to display the sidebar? Also do you have goals set as featured?

@Robbo
I'm not using software to display something on the sidebar. (Besides XenPorta as Index page is considered as such? Btw. I overwrote the existing donation_callback.php from XenPorta with yours, maybe thats why I just get 2 lines in comparison to Piers.)

Is it necessary to set up your PayPal-email in the first place in order to enable the sidebar?

I'm not sure about the featured goal, where is this option located?

Best regards!

I am trying to get a lot of things done now. When I have my sidebar manager out (which will be free) I will add all the things to it. If there is something you need I add it in some way. A lot of my add-ons get requests to move things around in the sidebar and adding in those options just feels wrong especially when things can change and mess them up. So the idea is I put by default the sidebar blocks where I think they are best suited and then if someone wants to move them around they use my sidebar manager. I am trying to make it smart with detecting other kinds of blocks, adding natively or with other add-ons. It isn't a priority right now though.
That is what the actual framework needs, some way to detect the other sidebars and add them to the list without make them stop working like it does.

in the future i may give a look again if the widget block as said unsupported is updated.
Using any sidebar manager is painful, and honestly not worth it. The widget framework is a toy, but useless and ridden with compatibility issues because not all developers care about x's sidebar or widget framework, like they want everyone to love their work. It is what it is.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't use Robbo's sidebar manager when he releases it either, because they're useless.

If an add-on developer isn't using the default XF hooks and TM to implement their sidebar blocks, then they shouldn't be developing. Compatibility for frameworks and such should be an after thought, not a priority or ONLY method. It would do them more harm than good.

The TM system allows a user to now go in and modify the developers placement of their blocks, especially if they shift away from hooks, which is the idea of the system. The TM gives users that additional ability to shift things around as they want them to show, and not the limited choice a hook has with ordering via PHP directly.

Whilst the TM can have issues in its own right, it gives users an easier way to shape their elements after installation, and in this case, if everyone is using the TM and not hooks, users will be able to completely reorder their custom blocks via changing where the block gets place in the add-on's TM additions.

Using any sidebar manager is painful, and honestly not worth it. The widget framework is a toy, but useless and ridden with compatibility issues because not all developers care about x's sidebar or widget framework, like they want everyone to love their work. It is what it is.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't use Robbo's sidebar manager when he releases it either, because they're useless.

If an add-on developer isn't using the default XF hooks and TM to implement their sidebar blocks, then they shouldn't be developing. Compatibility for frameworks and such should be an after thought, not a priority or ONLY method. It would do them more harm than good.

The TM system allows a user to now go in and modify the developers placement of their blocks, especially if they shift away from hooks, which is the idea of the system. The TM gives users that additional ability to shift things around as they want them to show, and not the limited choice a hook has with ordering via PHP directly.

Whilst the TM can have issues in its own right, it gives users an easier way to shape their elements after installation, and in this case, if everyone is using the TM and not hooks, users will be able to completely reorder their custom blocks via changing where the block gets place in the add-on's TM additions.
This isn't a problem of the add-on, it's a problem of Xenforo, the own Xenforo limitations that make us that want to do X thing to be limited to this frameworks. Xenforo options are limited when it comes to do to do what the widget framework does, sadly the TM requires programming knowledge to do some more advanced things we do with 1 click in the add-on.

The @xfrocks widget framework is not useless, if it was it would not be one of the most used add-ons of Xenforo, i hope that like we saw with several popular addons, that such add-on idea is implemented officially in Xenforo like it happened in this new version, Tagging and TMS are in the software.

You can't keep adding to XF core... it is why VB, IPB and others become bloated rubbish, hence why people are using XF, because they recognise administrator choice. You can't keep adding queries... otherwise XF will become like them, a stale and useless product.

The TM allows you to move sidebar blocks around IF developers utilise the new system by changing their add ons away from hooks. You don't need another addon, more queries or tools to use, to do the same task.

The TM allows you to move sidebar blocks around IF developers utilise the new system by changing their add ons away from hooks. You don't need another addon, more queries or tools to use, to do the same task.
Hopefully the Framework do uses 1 query no mater how many blocks. Recently there are several sidebar blocks (most included in the framework) as new addons using TM far i saw, each block adds queries, the problem of do it that way is that in big forums we can't have many blocks or we have performance issues, what hopefully the widget framework fixed with everything cached.

Xenforo can add more, it just needs to make stuff optional and let the simple, light script of Xenforo still exist but with options to expand it more to who wants it, it can't stay this way, as we saw some time ago with the silence, no news, discussions about the end of the updates, some forums started to convert to other software.

Top Bottom