Donation Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

I am really confused. I didn't make a release yesterday, that was the release from March. But it must not have updated here or something... :/

Any response to my requests matey?
I hadn't actually read it until now, the above post claiming to be by me yesterday is a bug somewhere in the resource manager.

And to your post..

In future I will be using a proper PayPal library and not doing it how XenForo does it so that I can allow for all PayPal features and also add new payment gateways easier.

It doesn't use the same script because it doesn't work the same and it isn't the same.

You can edit any of the CSS like normal.

I still think the issue here is XenPorta doing something. Are you able to somehow test without it or even delete the callback XenPorta adds? Also can you check PayPal to see if it has any IPN issues anywhere, it's hard to navigate so look for stuff like "IPN History"

Someone recently purchased the manager and has it working straight out of the box with PayPal so I think XenPorta is the issue here. I'll check back here at the end of every day to further diagnose with you guys.

XenPorta Donations has an archive on root named donation_callback.php and this add-on has an archive with same name. Both archives are diferents and are incompatibles.

Salud2

I just received my first donation and noticed that the progress towards the goal actually is 'Gross'. Someone payed 20 USD, but in fact for paypal it is:

Total Amount: $20,00 USD
Fee amount: -$1,08 USD
Net amount: $18,92 USD

Is it possible to either notify the user of these transaction costs, and only make the Net amount count towards the goals, or charge the user with these costs?

I can't seem to find out how to make it so that the monthly goal status displays on the main page even after it has been achieved.

I cant find where to set the monthly goal either.
I Dont see a side bar with the donation info like the screen shot
even with the permission set right im getting permission errors when click on the xenporta sidebar

Why no working demo?

This is expensive to not be working right
  1. library/Merc/DonationManager/FileSums.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/Merc/DonationManager/Listener.phpFile does not contain expected contents.

I just received my first donation and noticed that the progress towards the goal actually is 'Gross'. Someone payed 20 USD, but in fact for paypal it is:

Is it possible to either notify the user of these transaction costs, and only make the Net amount count towards the goals, or charge the user with these costs?

You want to charge your users for donating? something is better than nothing

You want to charge your users for donating? something is better than nothing

No, if your goal is to reach 1000, it is supposed to be 1000 net. I don't charge them, Paypal charges transactions. If you set your goal to an amount of 1000 dollar, and people only do 5 dollar donations, you'll actually see that you'll end up with 4.5 and you lose 0.50 towards Paypal as a fee (which is 10% btw). If everyone only donates 5 dollar and you reach your 'set' goal of 1000 , you'll notice that its actually 100 short, while it is displayed as if the goal was met.

Paypal calculates the fees like:

Purchase payments received (monthly) Fee per transaction
€0,00 EUR - €2 500,00 EUR 3,4% + €0,35 EUR
€2 500,01 EUR - €10 000,00 EUR 2,9% + €0,35 EUR
€10 000,01 EUR - €50 000,00 EUR 2,3% + €0,35 EUR
€50 000,01 EUR - €100 000,00 EUR 1,9% + €0,35 EUR
> €100 000,00 EUR 1,7% + €0,35 EUR

For some reason XenForo stopped alerting me on this thread :/

I am just doing what XenForo does for this stuff at the moment. In future versions I will be handling PayPal a lot better.. currently all issues are around it and their API doing random things.

I cant find where to set the monthly goal either.
I Dont see a side bar with the donation info like the screen shot
even with the permission set right im getting permission errors when click on the xenporta sidebar

Why no working demo?

This is expensive to not be working right
  1. library/Merc/DonationManager/FileSums.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/Merc/DonationManager/Listener.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
Can you ask what you want to be done so I can answer it properly? All you are doing is complaining here. Do you need to know where to edit goals or what to edit them with for monthly? There are presets. My reply here is very late so maybe you sorted it out?

Robbo, how do I hide the Donation tab from the navigation menu?

There is a permission setting for seeing the link the navigation menu.

Is there an importer from AWCoding?
Does the donation manager support other payment methods than paypal?
Does this support recurring donations?
Is it possible to combine donation goals with XenForo subscriptions?
Is it possible to offer donations and subscriptions on the same page?

Is there an importer from AWCoding?
No.
Does the donation manager support other payment methods than paypal?
Not yet.
Does this support recurring donations?
Nope and not planned, I don't see recurring donations as donations. It will probably be added in future though with other payment methods.
Is it possible to combine donation goals with XenForo subscriptions?
No but it has been requested a fair bit so I will have to look at my options there in future.
Is it possible to offer donations and subscriptions on the same page?
With custom coding. This is a donation manger, that is all.

Feature suggestion: A lot of people use comments for the donations with how I handle it on my site. I try to take care of people on the road or when not home, but always forget to check the comments. Can those be passed with the email from paypal like the info from account upgrades is passed?

Those are not comments, but payment descriptions. While you get the comments as well, the comments are for paypal. My users get this wrong frequently. If your users post anything problematic in there, then paypal can freeze your account.

Top Bottom