Donation Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

Does this mod just let members donate without setting a goal.

I have a few members asking if they can donate as the like my forum and ould like to help. I have never considered taking donations and certainly dont want to set any goals. But the extra cash would certainly help with mods and server costs.

BUt forum where I have seen this mod all seem to have a bar asking how much they want. I dont want to look like im begging for cash I just want discrete donate text in the navbar and then just one option to donate for whatever they like

I must be daft !? :rolleyes:

How do I create a donation? Just installed it and naturally want to create a donation for users to contribute to. Do I go to /admin.php?goals/add and create a goal, and that is a donation item? It is requiring me to enter a goal amount - but I do not want to, is this achievable? Or do I set it very high and have the functionality for users not to see this goal amount? Unfortunately, my first donation requirement is to allow members to donate to a RIP/Condolences fund with the total to go to a members young family (wife is pregnant too), and thus I don't want to set a goal or ceiling.

Thanks.

You don't have to have a goal, without it there will just be a donation button to use. However I should definitely add the option to have goals with no end point. For now I think you should just customize the template a bit. Don't have a goal and edit the merc_donation_standalone (I think that is what it is called) template to add in some HTML for information about the donation. If you need a sidebar you could probably use one of the sidebar add-ons to do something similar. I can help with this stuff if you need more detailed instructions as I won't be able to get a proper release out for some time, only bug fixes will be released.

I am currently using AWC subscription system and AWC donation system on vbulletin 3.8

Do you offer an import tool for AWC?

Are you planning additional payment gateways? This is much needed.
Please consider gateways that offer a lot of payment methods, like skrill, abilipay, novalnet, playspan, gate2shop. Each of these offers 100+ payment methods including all major credit cards, debit cards, e-banking, e-wallets, vouchers and mobile payment.

Please implement remote IPN similar to AWC. This is a must. Without this paypal will just confiscate accounts for frivolous reasons.

I have just installed (upgraded) to the latest build and the CSS looks wonky compared to my previous installation.. Is this by design or something i can correct??? the way it looks on my site now makes the donation module on the sidebar difficult to notice.

Old
Donate1.webp

New
Donate2.webp

I am currently using AWC subscription system and AWC donation system on vbulletin 3.8

Please consider gateways that offer a lot of payment methods, like skrill, abilipay, novalnet, playspan, gate2shop. Each of these offers 100+ payment methods including all major credit cards, debit cards, e-banking, e-wallets, vouchers and mobile payment.

Please implement remote IPN similar to AWC. This is a must. Without this paypal will just confiscate accounts for frivolous reasons.

I doubt he will be able to offer such since AWC is out of commission and his website has been down for a year now.
If you value the data, you will most likely have to pay "extra" for robbo to get the hands on the donation system (from you) and do some testing to be able to import it over to the new system.
Even at that, it's not guaranteed it would work from vB 3.8.x to XF.
I'd suggest going to his forums where is more active and asking those questions, you will get a quicker reply there Alfa1.
http://mercenarydesign.com.au/community/

Ever since the new update it stopped tracking donations :(.....
PayPal is a pain with this stuff. I will be doing stuff different with PayPal in future to try change these things. Do a file health check and check server error logs to make sure.

There is no change PayPal email option ;(
We have missed a few so far, waiting for your PM response.
Sometimes the option isn't added to the option group. It is using the same option that XenForo uses, which is under the user upgrades area. Things will change in future related to PayPal so it will be clearer.

I won't be importing from whatever AWC is. Import scripts take a long time to make, about 5 times that to test and then have issues in the end anyway, it just isn't worth it currently.

As for other gateways. I will be moving all my add-ons to PHP 5.3+ soon. That way I can use third party, proven and mature libraries to interface with payment gateways otherwise once again it wouldn't be worth doing it. At first there will probably just be PayPal and Skrill as I am Australian and I can't get access to other services here. Also I won't support native bank methods (credit card, debit cards etc), most services will allow to do them in some way instead. Mobile payment also won't be happening. Most these things are because of the amount of work required to get them to work world wide.

I have just installed (upgraded) to the latest build and the CSS looks wonky compared to my previous installation.. Is this by design or something i can correct??? the way it looks on my site now makes the donation module on the sidebar difficult to notice.

Old
View attachment 42518

New
View attachment 42519
Templates were changed to support multiple goals properly. The old way got very bulky and weird. We can make it look like that again if you like, just inbox me.

PayPal is a pain with this stuff. I will be doing stuff different with PayPal in future to try change these things. Do a file health check and check server error logs to make sure.

1. donation_callback.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/Merc/DonationManager/FileSums.phpFile does not contain expected contents.

I get that.

Try uploading the donation_callback.php file again and see if the donations start registering. PayPal should send the notifications again every hour or so.

Try uploading the donation_callback.php file again and see if the donations start registering. PayPal should send the notifications again every hour or so.

I uploaded everything again and the mention of the donation_callback.php vanished but now file check does this:

1. library/Merc/DonationManager/FileSums.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/Merc/DonationManager/Listener.phpFile does not contain expected contents.

FileSums.php is impossible to pass, it shouldn't be checking it, that's a mistake in my build script.

Listener.php is probably just a small tweak I added and didn't update the sums properly. So you should be fine now, just give it a little while for the donations to come in that errored before.

I'm having a strange issue:
I donate, but it doesn't show up on the donation page at all. I get the money though. Wat do?

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'mark_xenforo.EWRporta_donations' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Unknown Account, Saturday at 12:55 PM
And I updated to the latest version and overwrited the callback file that conflicts, redonated but it didn't work still :(

You sure that you put my callback file in place? That error has nothing to do with my add-on.

Do a file health check.

If the donation callback was wrong at first then it might be a little while before PayPal sends the IPN again. Have any new donations come up since it has been the correct donation callback?

I really hope to be able to use a different PayPal API in future, all this one does is cause random issues that are hard to debug :/

1. library/Merc/DonationManager/FileSums.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/Merc/DonationManager/Listener.phpFile does not contain expected contents.

Top Bottom