XF 2.2 Donation Limits

TheGroove

I would like the ability to limit those who can donate to x number of posts and x length of time for membership first, like a user promotion. Basically so they have to get the lay of the land before just registering and donating immediately. I'm thinking I may need to look into a modification for this but thought I would ask if there's a way to handle it out of the box.

There is no donation function built in to XF.

Presumably you have a third party add-on installed?
In which case, contact the author for assistance in how to set that up.

Do you mean you want to prevent new members from purchasing upgrades?

There is nothing built in which will do that.
You could edit the template(s) and wrap the content in a div based on post count but that's about all.

You could edit the template(s) and wrap the content in a div based on post count but that's about all.
Right, I was hoping to use it the same way as a user upgrade but yeah I can see where that's not possible. I may look into the div if I want to hack it in there, thanks!

Just in case anyone runs across this, here's what I did for reference (using your code from another post). A user must have at least 10 posts before having the ability to see the upgrade options.

Went into the account_upgrades template and added this:

Find this
Code:
<xf:js src="xf/payment.js" min="1" />

Add this just below
Code:
<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.message_count < 10">
Please come back after you have some more posts
<xf:else />

There may be more elegant ways to handle it but it works for my needs.

Top Bottom