Not a bug Paypal Payment Profile "Donation" type not working in Xenforo 2.2.15 (Feb 1st, 2024)

MichaelCS

Affected version
Hey All,

Since upgrading to Xenforo 2.2.15 last night my Paypal Profiles seems to be broken?

This is what users get when they try and donate....

1706831563456.webp

In order to get this to work again I had to uncheck this box below....

1706831577151.webp

“Donation” isn’t a default option in our PayPal profile so you should identify the add-on which added that and report it to the author in the first instance who can investigate.

The issue is with your PayPal account rather than the addon. I think PayPal has specific rules on receiving payments as donations as it is meant for things like charities and non-profit organisations because it would incur a smaller fee. You will need to just keep that option disabled.

There's a semantic difference between what we're referring to as "donations" (which is just your users paying you some money) vs what PayPal considers to be a donation vs a regular purchase. It treats them as a specific type of payment basically, if that option is passed through. So as your PayPal account is not eligible to receive what PayPal sees as donations, they'll need to be treated as regular payments.

Last edited:
Top Bottom