Domain Registrar

MattW

Just a word of warning.....don't use Netpivotal for your domain names!

I've been with them since 2006, and I have just had my .com domain name re-claimed by a 3rd party company, as they haven't automatically renewed it.

They've not generated an invoice, or even contacted me to tell me they have failed to take a payment, so now my z22se.com domain is being held by SRSPlus.

My card expired, and it took me all of 30 seconds to update it, so I've no idea why they haven't contacted me.

I've bought a .org.uk domain now which I'm using for my CDN and Server hostnames, so they can jump if they think I'm going to let them handle any more of my domain names.

My domain registrar gives a 7 day grace period (if you haven't got it set to auto renew) to give you a chance to pay it.

I've never not paid on time, as it's always been set to auto renew. The issue is they hand everything off to WorldPay to manage the payments, and neither of them have sent me any e-mails to let me know. The domain expired on the 27th (which also explains why the site as slow yesterday, as DNS was probably jumping about as the registrar changed).

I've recently moved all my .co.uk domains to another company, but left the .com with Netpivotal (didn't want all my eggs in 1 basket).

So after 7 years (27 August 2006 09:52:14 GMT is when I signed up!) I'll cancel the agreement, and write off the .com domain name.

I've never not paid on time, as it's always been set to auto renew. The issue is they hand everything off to WorldPay to manage the payments, and neither of them have sent me any e-mails to let me know. The domain expired on the 27th (which also explains why the site as slow yesterday, as DNS was probably jumping about as the registrar changed).

I've recently moved all my .co.uk domains to another company, but left the .com with Netpivotal (didn't want all my eggs in 1 basket).

So after 7 years (27 August 2006 09:52:14 GMT is when I signed up!) I'll cancel the agreement, and write off the .com domain name.
I managed to get the domain name back!

Now, prepay 3-4 years and 1/2 way through renew for another 2-3 years. My main email domain that I've had since 2003 expires in 2017. :whistle:
Yeah, I've just purchased for 12 months, and transferring it to NameSilo now, which automatically adds another 12 months on.

I like... think I may (next month) transfer the 18 domains I have with NameCheap over to them.

Yeah so far I've had no issues and am really satisfied with them. They're not the cheapest, but the free privacy is an obvious deal considering most places charge for it.

I managed to get the domain name back!

I had a similar issue with Namecheap so I figured you'd be able to get it back that way.

I just use my host... They also offer free domain privacy.

Obviously, with .co.uk domains you should never pay for privacy as its a free service provided by nominet...

Been very happy with my hosts domains ;)

I'm with namecheap. But their name is no longer useful. They've risen their prices since I got there.

I think a re-brand for the company is necessary... Mostly because "NameCheap" is no-longer their selling point.

Top Bottom