XF 2.2 Registration emails sent by Xenforo.cloud instead of my domain dot com

ZJK

I have my personal domain connected to my xenforo cloud site and am using PHP built-in mail system. I have had noreply@mydomain.com set up as the default "sent from" email. However, I noticed new user registration emails are sent from "noreply@xenforo.cloud". More specifically, it was like this in the email header:

Reply To: noreply@mydomain.com
To: user's email

Why is not showing as directly from "noreply@mydomain.com" to user's email? Did I missing something in the setup?

Thanks!

For Cloud subscriptions, the default "from" address (the From header) will always be noreply@xenforo.cloud .

The default email address option becomes the "reply to" address (the Reply-To header).

You would need to switch to an external SMTP service.

Is there any particular reason why you need the from header to be your domain?

Most people will never realise or care that it isn't.

Ok! I might try that. I just wanted it to be consistent with my domain name, which to me sounds more professional. It's true some people might not even look at the header but for those who do, I don't want to confuse them.

Thanks very much for your help!

Ok! I might try that. I just wanted it to be consistent with my domain name, which to me sounds more professional. It's true some people might not even look at the header but for those who do, I don't want to confuse them.
Unless they actually look at the email from name itself (which usually takes extra steps) they will simply see the reply-to address as it appearing who it comes from (the email address that should already contain your domain).

Unless they actually look at the email from name itself (which usually takes extra steps) they will simply see the reply-to address as it appearing who it comes from (the email address that should already contain your domain).
Correct. I just happened to take the extra steps to look at the email address and found it was from xenforo cloud. lol! Thanks Tracy!

Top Bottom